Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS first modifications

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
Which screen are you talking of...

Nothing instrumentation wise is displayed on a standard Holden MyLink screen.

VE had engineering mode which displayed some things (oil temp, etc) on the Driver Information Centre screen but VF doesn’t have such a mode. VF does have TPMS display on the DIC which displays tyre pressures...

Some HSV models had Enhanced Driver Interface which displayed stuff on MyLink screen but you need some hardware and software to make it work. Envious customs did installs but I think supply of the EDI modules is an issue these days... HSV also had physical gauges in front of the gear lever...

Never had a HSV so just going off memory of what I’ve read so take it all with a grain of salt...

I‘ve always felt Holden should have added something akin to torque pro within MyLink but then why would anyone really want to go to Holden when the check engine lamp went on :p

Ah yep, that answers the question then. I meant the MyLink screen, cheers mate.

Where/how do you see the tyre pressures? My car is at the mechanic right now (getting couple small things done) so haven't played around with it properly yet but couldn't find anything when I was messing around with it for 15 mins last night.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Where/how do you see the tyre pressures? My car is at the mechanic right now (getting couple small things done) so haven't played around with it properly yet but couldn't find anything when I was messing around with it for 15 mins last night.
You need the feature as it includes some TPMS hardware (some shared with keyless entry? and the TPMS wheel sensors that sit inside the rim behind the valve stem).

The TPMS info is selected by pressing the menu button on the stem of the indicator stalk and displayed in the DIC which is between the Speedo and Taco ;)

To check if you have TPMS, look at the symbols within the DIC when starting as shown on this post.

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
You need the feature as it includes some TPMS hardware (some shared with keyless entry? and the TPMS wheel sensors that sit inside the rim behind the valve stem).

The TPMS info is selected by pressing the menu button on the stem of the indicator stalk and displayed in the DIC which is between the Speedo and Taco ;)

To check if you have TPMS, look at the symbols within the DIC when starting as shown on this post.

Ah ok, sounds like from that thread it was only on the 2017+ models, whereas mine is 2016. Probably don't have it but will look properly once I get my car back.

Thank you.

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
Bloke at working was mentioning to try a throttle controller. Are these any good or don't bother?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
A rather sophisticated throttle controller resides in your head. If you want to go faster, the brain tells the right foot to press more ;)

Or you could waste some cash and to buy one and your time to install the little black box. Then you’d have to use your brain has decide whether you want to hoon or drive more sedately and flick a little switch to the appropriate setting in said little box :rolleyes:

Yeah... a big waste of time in my view...:eek:

PS: As @Ron Burgundy said in and earlier post in the thread I linked above, TPSM was a factory option on 2016 models. But even if you don’t have it on your car (no tire warning icon at startup), all you need to do is add TPMS sensors to each wheel and have the cluster (I think it’s the cluster) programmed (envious customes?) to add/activate the feature. Then it’s just to run through a training process to let the system know which sensor is in what position (FL, FR, RR, RL)...

I vaguely remember Ron had a thread on adding TPMS and some other cluster updates which he may be able to link to....

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
A rather sophisticated throttle controller resides in your head. If you want to go faster, the brain tells the right foot to press more ;)

Or you could waste some cash and to buy one and your time to install the little black box. Then you’d have to use your brain has decide whether you want to hoon or drive more sedately and flick a little switch to the appropriate setting in said little box :rolleyes:

Yeah... a big waste of time in my view...:eek:

PS: As @Ron Burgundy said in and earlier post in the thread I linked above, TPSM was a factory option on 2016 models. But even if you don’t have it on your car (no tire warning icon at startup), all you need to do is add TPMS sensors to each wheel and have the cluster (I think it’s the cluster) programmed (envious customes?) to add/activate the feature. Then it’s just to run through a training process to let the system know which sensor is in what position (FL, FR, RR, RL)...

I vaguely remember Ron had a thread on adding TPMS and some other cluster updates which he may be able to link to....

Mine was not about TPMS.
It was just enabling performance menu which among other things includes coolant temp, battery voltage, oil temp and oil presure. It's simple DIY

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Bloke at working was mentioning to try a throttle controller. Are these any good or don't bother?
Waste of time and $$. Cheap “mods” are usually cheap for a reason.

Flaggers

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VF SS
Nah different one lol, but cheers for the answers guys will steer clear of those.