Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Ute - Mylink options

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I thought S1 still had aux enabled ? If not it can be done i think
It has the AUX but there's some hackery-pokery involved in getting the touchscreen to work; as AUX is just A/V, no digital controls etc.
I think some people have used the screen to display maps from SatNav, but they still need the 'phone somewhere reachable 'cos the control is still via the 'phone screen.

I imagine the Alpine screens would be a billionty times better than the slow-to-react MyLink one?
The only reason we don't have an Alpine is because we use our HUD speed display a HEAP, S1 SS without SatNav doesn't have the HUD so I can't think of anything you'd miss by installing an I902D. Except the money ...

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I know a lot of people dont like the ipaddy type look but this is the style used in most new cars at the moment

20201007_110957.jpg

but the pocket i gained setting mine up this far way out weigh's any mylink feature i lost and for $1500 i figure its the best bang for buck.
With so many road upgrades here on the gold coast the HUD speed is more often wrong and with the holden maps not being updated the error will only get worse

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Has anyone bought one of the Android Auto adapters from ICE or eBay? If it works well I'm happy to pay but if it's a buggy mess I'll stick with using my phone as GPS.

if you want to retain the factory look and keep the original mylink but have have android auto then get this kit

you can get a full replacement android head unit that will also retain the factory look.
it is chinese crap so it has issues and the screen has pretty bad glare/reflection issues making it hard to see on sunny days.

here is a comparison of the kayhan unit to the mylink in the similar lighting conditions.
20191002-090442.jpg

20190819-090608.jpg

Last edited:

BFG9K

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SS Ute
@stooge that envyous kit is exactly what I'm looking for but of course it's out of stock.

Anyone know if/when they come back in stock? I signed up for the mailing list anyway

BFG9K

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SS Ute
This seems legit:

Anyone else used this one?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Cheers guys, I did chuck some of the classics that I had downloaded onto a USB and that works well, but Spotify and maps on the mylink screen would be mint

I'll check out that cheaper unit, looks good

spotify is quite usable, once you launch it and then do the bt audio you can use the skip functions and stuff. it's obviously not a native app but was more functional than i expected.

also if you want to get google assistant on android press and hold the phone button rather than just pressing it. works well for sms. obviously you need to have already setup assistant on your phone. don't think but could be wrong it may also do siri, although a lot of apple stuff appears to be wired only (take this with a grain of salt i have not tried an apple device in my car).

BFG9K

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SS Ute
spotify is quite usable, once you launch it and then do the bt audio you can use the skip functions and stuff. it's obviously not a native app but was more functional than i expected.

also if you want to get google assistant on android press and hold the phone button rather than just pressing it. works well for sms. obviously you need to have already setup assistant on your phone. don't think but could be wrong it may also do siri, although a lot of apple stuff appears to be wired only (take this with a grain of salt i have not tried an apple device in my car).
Absolutely, I have hooked up my phone with the BT and that works well (cheers for the tip with Assistant, that will come in handy)

I'd just rather use the built in color screen right in the perfect spot instead of having to wire my phone up every time

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
@stooge that envyous kit is exactly what I'm looking for but of course it's out of stock.

Anyone know if/when they come back in stock? I signed up for the mailing list anyway

send @TazzI a message and he will be able to help you.
or talk to him on facebook

This seems legit:

Anyone else used this one?

be careful with some of them because they can heave really cheap android hardware and lagg/crash etc

looking at their site you can tell they have not been informed about acl lol
Returns

Returns are accepted for physical products within 30 days of date of purchase.
Returns will only be accepted for the following conditions:

• Item is faulty
  • Incorrect item received
Returns for change of mind are NOT accepted.

When returning an item, it must be in the exact same condition as when we sent it, we take pictures of all our products to compare condition. Item must be shipped back at Buyers Expense to verify condition and issue, if item is damaged or shows signs of wearing then partial refund will be received.

When posting, the item MUST be sent in the same manner as received which includes being returned inside a strong box and wrapped in bubble wrap along with using the postage options of tracking, signature and insurance.

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
send @TazzI a message and he will be able to help you.
or talk to him on facebook

i can recommend dealing with @TazzI directly as well, top bloke who's done a hell of a lot of work with Commodores over the years.

Absolutely, I have hooked up my phone with the BT and that works well (cheers for the tip with Assistant, that will come in handy)

I'd just rather use the built in color screen right in the perfect spot instead of having to wire my phone up every time

yeah i get that, i was lucky mine came with the inbuilt maps, and for the amount of use I have for them they are perfect - someone going to a lot of new areas, forget it.