Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Ute - Mylink options

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Have you had any trouble with the USB music, I have 1000's of songs and it always plays the same albums or songs, every time I start the car it doesn't continue from left off but it seems to have a memory of 5 sets of songs, I've clean the playlist from mylink setup, and on shuffle, it seems to play the artist in different albums.

Do you have all songs in 1 folder or are they separated into artist or album folders, or is yours like mine and every artist has a folder in each artist folder is the album for that artist then inside that folder are the songs?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
i find the music goes a little back and forth if i change keys, you guys aren't changing keys are you?
I've always had the behaviour @Kakodaemon describes, and it DOES happen more often when changing keys ... except it seems to happen a "random handful" of restarts later.

For example my better-half mainly drives the car, she has her key & I have mine, and it sticks to "the same random playlist" the whole time she drives it for two weeks. I then drive it with my key on the weekend, it continues with "the same random playlist", I stop somewhere & when I get back in it continues again with "the same random playlist" ... but the NEXT time I stop, it switches to the other one. Sometimes it won't switch at all.

At first we wondered if it was because I keep my key in a cupboard that's about 5m from where the car parks, so maybe it was detecting my key when it started on occasion. But that doesn't seem to be related in any way (and besides, it won't start if my key's in the cupboard 'cos I forgot to grab it :)).

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I've always had the behaviour @Kakodaemon describes, and it DOES happen more often when changing keys ... except it seems to happen a "random handful" of restarts later.

For example my better-half mainly drives the car, she has her key & I have mine, and it sticks to "the same random playlist" the whole time she drives it for two weeks. I then drive it with my key on the weekend, it continues with "the same random playlist", I stop somewhere & when I get back in it continues again with "the same random playlist" ... but the NEXT time I stop, it switches to the other one. Sometimes it won't switch at all.

At first we wondered if it was because I keep my key in a cupboard that's about 5m from where the car parks, so maybe it was detecting my key when it started on occasion. But that doesn't seem to be related in any way (and besides, it won't start if my key's in the cupboard 'cos I forgot to grab it :)).

if you have individual keys (mylink setting) you can have completely different settings for music. maybe check if the keys are setup that way.

i drove my car bonkers by carrying them both at once. it would get confused which key had locked onto the car one was playing CD's and the other MP3, also other functions. Now this is by design, however I didn't know the key was in my bag so yeah a fun "experiment".

I can't help with the random music question as I said earlier have my music sorted and play by "folder".

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
if you have individual keys (mylink setting) you can have completely different settings for music. maybe check if the keys are setup that way.
It's not working properly even if it is set up that way, as changing keys only sometimes has an effect.
I did check that once, when it was suggested a few years back, but it's so long ago I can't remember what the setting was nor whether I changed it. :)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Sound defective by design :confused:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
it's pretty great for it's age - i jumped into a camry of the same era, the stereo was just a stereo and nav - that's it. No vehicle customisation, nothing. whereas mylink is crammed full of all sorts of vehicle options.

for me the mylink pretty much does what it needs to. as far as this music oddness, i guess maybe i need to do a big dump of tunes and set random see what it does. you don't have duplicate files by any chance? That would probably do it. I know my old Alpine in my other car has some music weirdness if you have duplicate files.

NME

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS V Redline VF Series II Sportswagon
Hey guys,

It doesn't have the stock maps or anything, no. If I'm gonna spend money on it I'll probably go the whole hog and get an Alpine unit.

Cheers for the input, not much online about the Series 1 mylink
ALPINE. I reckon that’s a wise move. Alpine audio is absolutely awesome too. I hope you will enjoy it !

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
it's pretty great for it's age - i jumped into a camry of the same era, the stereo was just a stereo and nav - that's it. No vehicle customisation, nothing. whereas mylink is crammed full of all sorts of vehicle options.

for me the mylink pretty much does what it needs to. as far as this music oddness, i guess maybe i need to do a big dump of tunes and set random see what it does. you don't have duplicate files by any chance? That would probably do it. I know my old Alpine in my other car has some music weirdness if you have duplicate files.

I'll second this, other cars of similar vintage have very little for infotainment.

At least it plays MP3s in order, my aftermarket touchscreen unit in the MrBishi is great, but plays songs alphabetically, messes with my OCD about album order.