Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Ute - Mylink options

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
@kleanphil does that retain mylink screen?

be nice if that was on a small vesa mount.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
@kleanphil does that retain mylink screen?

be nice if that was on a small vesa mount.
No it has it's own Alpine interface , you can also change the theme colour on it to green red or blue , the angle is also adjustable as well as vertical adjustment

EDIT: This unit has HDMI and USB as well as mirrorlink

Last edited:

BFG9K

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SS Ute
Thanks for the replies all, I'm going to go with the kit from Envyous Customs once it's back in stock and I can afford it.

For the time being I've just converted my Spotify playlists to MP3s and chucked them on an old 16GB USB I found, which works brilliantly. I was using the Bluetooth but I found that the MyLink would default back to the radio when starting the car, and being able to (legally) scroll through my music from the car screen makes the USB a better option.

Cheers!

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
i really like the USB. starting spotify just wasn't worth it for me either. I grabbed a 32 i think.

Philmecrackun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2L 1972 Ford Galaxie Wagon 400ci
Have you had any trouble with the USB music, I have 1000's of songs and it always plays the same albums or songs, every time I start the car it doesn't continue from left off but it seems to have a memory of 5 sets of songs, I've clean the playlist from mylink setup, and on shuffle, it seems to play the artist in different albums.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Have you had any trouble with the USB music, I have 1000's of songs and it always plays the same albums or songs, every time I start the car it doesn't continue from left off but it seems to have a memory of 5 sets of songs, I've clean the playlist from mylink setup, and on shuffle, it seems to play the artist in different albums.

Mine does this. Sometimes remembers previous songs, other times chooses something random.
Some people point the finger at different keys and user settings, but I've tried turning all that off and it's not fixed it.

Learned to live with it, its all good music after all!

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride

i use folder option. so can't comment. sat on my PC for a bit and sorted stuff that way.

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
i really like the USB. starting spotify just wasn't worth it for me either. I grabbed a 32 i think.

I like the USB also. Place songs on USB hit random use steering wheel buttons to skip if necessary or use the talk function to say song name.

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE

Mine is the same. I think it must create 2 or so random playlists from all the songs on the USB.
I have been listening to lets say SONG A before I shut the car off then when I restarted the car SONG B was playing. A little while later (few days maybe) SONG C was playing when I shut the car off and when it restarted SONG B was playing again, I then noticed that after SONG B the same string of songs in the same order as a few days earlier played straight after. It is like it auto creates these playlists from all the different songs and jumps between them. Maybe randomly, maybe everytime the car shuts off, who knows, but I don't think removing the USB stick then putting it back in resets this which is the crazy part. I wonder if there IS a way to reset it?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
i find the music goes a little back and forth if i change keys, you guys aren't changing keys are you?