Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV CAMSHAFT ROLLER BREAKS @ 109,000km

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
An uneducated opinion?
Seems I am not alone in that though, yeah? Especially people looking at Google for an education. Seriously now...

Absoulutely you have an uneducated opinion on this matter......you call someone out for making it up when it is in fact the truth.

Don't like learning stuff using google from reputable sources ? So be it. Just stop talking crap about things you know nothing of.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
The Barina is a 2012 model and had a 3 year warranty. It was 4 years out of warranty when the cooler went.

The repair was approved because the car was purchased new and serviced at the same dealer.

A nice story!

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Absoulutely you have an uneducated opinion on this matter......you call someone out for making it up when it is in fact the truth.

Don't like learning stuff using google from reputable sources ? So be it. Just stop talking crap about things you know nothing of.

Crap is widespread here. That applies to a few of your posts, too.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Spend some time with Google and you will find the facts rather than your uneducated opinion.
Statements like this make you look like a muppet. I can Google "XYZ product problem X" and probably come up with a shitload of relevant results because everybody wants to bitch on the internet.

Yes the lifters can fail causing damage to the camshaft but it's no more common than a broken diff, or transmission, or instrument cluster, or any other part on the car that can break.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Statements like this make you look like a muppet. I can Google "XYZ product problem X" and probably come up with a shitload of relevant results because everybody wants to bitch on the internet.

So I am a muppet yet you agree with me ?

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Crap is widespread here. That applies to a few of your posts, too.

You made a terrible spelling mistake as your post should have read.....
"Crap is widespread here, especially my posts"

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Was it an AFM lifter, or was it a crook camshaft?
L77's are pretty reliable, L76's not so much.
Even LS3's have had problems. HSV had a batch of LS3's during the E2 series that had soft lobes, lots of engine changes were carried out.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
L77's are pretty reliable, L76's not so much.
Even LS3's have had problems. HSV had a batch of LS3's during the E2 series that had soft lobes, lots of engine changes were carried out.

Yep, 99% of people will know of these issues and the fact that they have been discussed in depth online
But apparently if you post factual info on a forum you are spreading crap, or if you do a google search looking for info on it you're just a muppet