Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf ssv redline upgrades

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Rear brembos and braided brake lines is a good upgrade
Was talking to someone who'd done this yesterday, he was saying the end result had enough capability that you'd have to be kinda insane to be utilising it on the road.
If you're not tracking your car (and do many people really track 1800+kg of Commodore more than once or twice?), do you really get that much out of rear Brembos? Apart from coolness factor?

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
I have. I retro fitted a front kit to my VE which was good but when I fitted the rear kit I found the car heaps more stable under hard braking, the front didn't dive like it did just with the fronts and it showed me how underdone the rear brakes are when you only have a brembo front. Even under normal use you require much less pedal pressure to pull up. To me its a mandatory upgrade.

You can buy the calipers on Amazon in the states for about $110usd each, the pin kit for $18usd and pads anywhere from $20usd to $110usd (Hawk HB194F.570 is what I use) and the correctly sized rear discs from Brakes Direct/GSL rallysport here in OZ for $240 each and they are 355x26 T3 DBA 4000 series and require no pad trimming like the people do that fit HSV rear discs that are 350mm. And if you want to use your standard brake lines you can as they fit the caliper or you can go braided like I did.

Total upgrade under $1,000 AUD

Was talking to someone who'd done this yesterday, he was saying the end result had enough capability that you'd have to be kinda insane to be utilising it on the road.
If you're not tracking your car (and do many people really track 1800+kg of Commodore more than once or twice?), do you really get that much out of rear Brembos? Apart from coolness factor?

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN

Yes we track our cars and Yes the rear brakes and brembo lines make a huge difference,.

11169891_1642554992641872_750622355266259684_n.jpg

11140008_1642555039308534_6121185891150560636_n.jpg

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Manual conversion?
Was it difficult?

MrMagoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SS
I have the same setup but i have headers as well. I love it. Im further down the coast though and over the moon with the guys that done mine. Mine was actually the first vf that they had done.

So, i have now upgraded to an XForce 3" Cat-Back Exhaust (they said they'll do 2.5 but put on 3") in mild steel with VCM OTR intake and tune.... very happy with it... it sounds fricken awesome lol!!

But the guy (who did the tune) said my Cats seem a bit knackered from either bad fuel or from being flogged, I'm the second owner and i only use 98 fuel. New cats too then... or go headers as well?! eek

Anyway, im really happy as it sounds like a V8 should and has some extra pep :yahoo:

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
If you're happy with what you've got then just enjoy it mate!
It's a slippery slope doing car mods and can be tough to know when to call it a day.
Step back from the canvas, put the brush down and let the paint dry for a bit.

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
You will find it probably has a little more than 325kW, I have the Harrop 315 and it had the same rwkW as a stock 340 Clubsport the same day. Mine 269.5atw (Clubby 268atw)

Who knows its only numbers its how it drives and makes you feel that's important.

Hi Why? I'm thinkin of doing the setup you have, 315 with 2.5 catback in SS with the bi-modals. Is that what you got how much did it cost?

Smithy63

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv redline ute
Those figures seem about right. I have a 2010 ss redline ute with x air otr, 2.5" catback exhaust and tune and mine made 261kw at the wheels. But fitting pacemakers and high flow cats soon.

Romyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Soon to be Blown VF Redline
My redline has the Harrop system and the old man has a walky 310 pack, IMO the Harrop system sounds heaps better and with no drone and as Why? states I think Harrop tends to slightly understate there increases rather than overstate them like some people do.
My pack is claimed 460 kW at the fly and it put out 468hp at the wheels

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Ok I've bit the bullet, I'm doing Walky OTR with dyno tune, Xforce 2.5" catback SS with bi-modals. I'll do a before and after 0-100 runs. 2 weeks till it's done.