Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSVR windscreen rattle/squeaks

Merv53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV
In regard to spraying the top seal, it appears that silicone is a solution and lanolin may be a longer term one.
I'm not keen on having a dealer re fitted screen so will go with the spray fix.
In addition to silicon and lanolin sprays, would there be any advantage in using lithium spray, (dont think its plastic/rubber friendly)
teflon/PTFE spray,
chain lube or
dry lube spray?
I wish you well because I know how annoying the noise can be. I had my local Holden Dealer do mine and on the Invoice it says they used Silicone grease, if that is any help to you

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The noise does go away. Had both windows do it and only have sprayed the front window again. However I do get annoying sound from the sunroof when it is closed. Rubbers on the window need some sort of lube.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Well I went with Lanotec General Purpose Lanolin Spray.
More for the longevity more than anything else. It smelt like a shearing shed so I thought it must be the good gear
I would have used silicone spray as I had that in the shed but i didn't want to have to keep doing it more than I had to.

It worked like a charm, the rattle that I swore was coming from the dash, and that had me in the foetal position because i could never find, is now gone.

I did front and back and took a whole 5 minutes.

Thanks for everyone's posts to work this one out

I owe you all a beer

Once it was gone, i discovered a rattle in the glove box. All sorted, just took the key ring off the bottle opener I keep in there

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
dont get too excited, its only 20 cases of tooheys 2.2 left over from my 21st
If you’re 45 yo, i’ll contain my excitement about those tooheys :confused:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Well I went with Lanotec General Purpose Lanolin Spray.
More for the longevity more than anything else. It smelt like a shearing shed so I thought it must be the good gear
I would have used silicone spray as I had that in the shed but i didn't want to have to keep doing it more than I had to.

It worked like a charm, the rattle that I swore was coming from the dash, and that had me in the foetal position because i could never find, is now gone.

I did front and back and took a whole 5 minutes.

Thanks for everyone's posts to work this one out

I owe you all a beer

Once it was gone, i discovered a rattle in the glove box. All sorted, just took the key ring off the bottle opener I keep in there
The OP should get a slab of beer!

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
Where do you get that Lanotek spray from?

DMAC0320

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Motorsport Edition
Hey guys, I am definitely having the sound issues in my MSE and currently addressing the issues with Holden directly as Suttons City are telling me its nothing which I 100% dont agree with, I have had plenty of commodores and I know its not the way it should sound. After reading everyone's comments it seems like I am having exactly the same issues, makes sounds when pulling out of driveways on an angle, very noisy when hitting little bumps and cracks in the road etc. Im currently looking at taking it to another dealership to have a look at and see if I can get a different opinion and try and get someone to help fix these issues. Can anyone recommend a dealership and contact person (in Sydney area) that you think might be a bit more helpful and have a better of understanding of the problems I am having?