Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Wagon Revival

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
This. The 303 stuff is genuinely amazing. Not cheap.
[snippy]
The go to person in Australia would be Sandro from Concours Detailing in Melbourne.
You want to be looking for products on detailer supply places rather than retail outlets. The plain aerospace 303 is only available at some retail outlets.
If you're in Sydney, I think Car Care Products are good people to talk to about this sort of stuff. They seem to know what they're talking about, I know a few anal-retentives who recommend them & one of said anal-retentives even does pro level detailing on the occasional weekend for a bit of cash and because (and I don't understand this bit) he enjoys doing it.
I'm fairly sure they started up as a retail place 'cos they'd been working for a little while as professional detailers and saw a niche gap in the market for selling gear that actually works (above the level you find in the SuperCheap Auto car-wash aisle) to non-professionals.
And who knows, maybe as a way to get their equipment & consumables at wholesale ... :)

Sorry @Magnum61, I got nuttin'.
Do the ODB2 plugin thingies tell you what's being done with the throttle-body, timing, fuel during cranking?

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
update.

Still cant work out this starting issue. Fuel pump is apparently testing fine. Could it be the Fuel 'control module'?

Any further thoughts, anyone?

Take it back to the tuner. They can easily log a crank and start and point you in the right direction. Fuel pressure, battery volts, map, fuel pulse width, rpm, IAT, baro. Should be easy for them. Could be it just needs a bit of air added to the start up airflow table...

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
I've had it back to the tuner 'Hi-Torque' an hour & a half's drive away. they had it for 2 days & recon they fixed it but then it wouldnt restart the very next day.

they have recommended the fuel pump be changed but the local guy recons its fine..

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Do you have access to hp tuners?

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I've had it back to the tuner 'Hi-Torque' an hour & a half's drive away. they had it for 2 days & recon they fixed it but then it wouldnt restart the very next day.

they have recommended the fuel pump be changed but the local guy recons its fine..
If I was a philoshipher, I'd write something quite profound on the ability for vehicle's to completely behave themselves around strangers, yet make their loving owner's want a divorce.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Have either HTP or your mechanic actually eyeballed the harness connector to the fuel pump?
Just to check the plug hasn't got warm and slightly distorted?

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Surely it's thrown a code when it has stalled or wouldn't fire at all?

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
1 out of 3 cold starts it will stall but restart eventually.
Every now n then it won't start at all when warm, just turn over with no fire.
They f'd mine up the same way , it would start but if i turned it off before it was fully warmed up it was a bitch to try and restart , i have a servo at the top of our units driveaway and if i had to pull in for pety before work it took ages to restart . They had a few goes at it and told me my o2 sensors were playing up and couldn't tune it properly untill i got them done , then charged me a fortune to fit them and fix the f'd up tune. Its still not 100% and bualks a little sometimes . I recently had a noise coming from my charger , when i took it to be looked at he agreed it was the charger and from my investigations figured it was the coupling and could get it fixed for under a grand but when i took it in the noise had gone a bit but now they reckoned it was my lifters and looking at a couple to four grand or so to fix . I had it booked in for the lifters to be done but we had a lock down and was told they had no "technicians " to work on my car so i said ring me back when your good to go , this was months ago, starting to think there fwits and will probly go to Tekno to get it sorted

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
That’s very interesting indeed Kleanphil, I’m guessing your talking about HTP?

Only fault code showing is the mass air flow but thats due to the mafless tune.

I've told the local guy to replace the fuel pump anyway. I need to try something. the HTP guy seems a lot more focused on the powercruise this weekend. lol.

I'll update once the pump has been replaced.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
That’s very interesting indeed Kleanphil, I’m guessing your talking about HTP?

Only fault code showing is the mass air flow but thats due to the mafless tune.

I've told the local guy to replace the fuel pump anyway. I need to try something. the HTP guy seems a lot more focused on the powercruise this weekend. lol.

I'll update once the pump has been replaced.
Are you just replacing the pump or getting a tune also ? yes Hi Torque