Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF2 Motorsport - collectable?

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
I'll go out on a limb and say that in 10 years time a 2017 LSA Clubsport will command more than a 2017 Motorsport

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I'll go out on a limb and say that in 10 years time a 2017 LSA Clubsport will command more than a 2017 Motorsport

That doesn't really sound like going out on a limb when the base price of new LSA Clubsport is $20k more than a new MSE?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
When I search on CarSales for MSE's for sale, it asks me have I considered a 2017 Hyundai Genesis as an alternative.
Now THERE is a REAL collectible!
I mean they'd be worth tens of dollars in 10 years!

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Ima on a limb say nobody is gonna let a fat inefficient stinky dinosaur that emits half a kilo of CO2 per kilometre drive in urban areas. An burlesque anachronism for a private muse, maybe, like a two stroke Bolwell or Gogomobil.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think people consider an LS3 Commodore to be inefficient enough that the extra inefficiency of a blown one makes zero difference.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I think people consider an LS3 Commodore to be inefficient enough that the extra inefficiency of a blown one makes zero difference.
Yes perception and reality, but if that mindset didn’t buy one now I doubt they would be candidates in a decade?
Demand and appreciation comes from within the sector, grasshopper. Look closer, that which we pretend to see as we gaze into the abyss of the crystal ball is ourselves, ten years down the track.
LSA is a metro mallet, a brawny behemoth, yet never a track hero neither does it handle or stop like the MSE. A sitting duck for urban emissions regulation, destined for rarified fuel burning festive occasions like a motor yacht. Whereas MSE is tuned to handle, long term weapon of choice by smart non-urban folk.
Put it this way, when I buy a Redline in 10 years time I want all the tits, and seats, of the KOM non-luxury model. Much better value than the inflated price the last uterus will fetch.

Last edited:

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Definitely agree if comparing against LSA clubbie. But after seeing 1st hand a VF2 GTS, MSE and VF2 Redline being punted around winton by Holden and HSV's finest, the VF2 GTS was pretty awesome. HSV then rolled out a W1 and it was game over..

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes perception and reality, but if that mindset didn’t buy one now I doubt they would be candidates in a decade?
Well ... at $90k or $70k, that’s a fair whack; but at $30k or $20k, different buyers may consider it?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Definitely agree if comparing against LSA clubbie. But after seeing 1st hand a VF2 GTS, MSE and VF2 Redline being punted around winton by Holden and HSV's finest, the VF2 GTS was pretty awesome. HSV then rolled out a W1 and it was game over..
Yeah W1 would be cool in a CSL bat wing or 959 or V12 e-type manner, but there’s something to be said about (in the future) seeing an old car and it looking like a stunning straight example then finding it has all the original magic bits exactly in place which set it apart. Like the 351 shaker bonnet, 2002 tii, targa on a TR4a.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Well ... at $90k or $70k, that’s a fair whack; but at $30k or $20k, different buyers may consider it?
Mate there’s no way collectible example of either car will drop below $30k within 10 years. Dude in concurrent thread looking to buy 10yo garden variety first model L98 SS with 80k km for quick sale near $20k, agreed was bargain.
In the same vein not hard to envisage well kept clean fat tart with all the ripe low hanging fruit, chastity being carefully eyed off by some fella in ten years from now :oops:
I can name half a dozen here off top of my head that will be forty-something going through mid life, up to no good when nobody’s lookin :eek: #lockupyourgirls #backdoortoo o_O

Last edited: