Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn Vp Vr Vs Vt 5L engines

V

VQINPAIN

Nah the light did not come on. but it is all cool i got my mate to look at it, it is only the a fuel problem i totally got it wrong, hearing it was a fuel problem was probably the best thing i have heard. Big releif of my shoulders. **** i Luv 5L's, nothing better...

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
AirStrike said:
VN Group A's were 215kw. The largest power output for the VT was the 220i strocker which was standard only in the GTS.
AirStrike :air:

I can't find the web pages anymore but there were some that said the group A had much more power than Holden admited at the time, a fair bit more than 215kw, it also ran bigger injectors than the normal V8, also motor magazine ran a 14.74? in the group A, I have the original magazine and there was traction problems that day. Another magazine squeezed a 14.4 out of it on a drag strip, best 0-100 was 6.2 pretty fast for such a heavy car

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
ok well the vn group a ss had about 230kw at the fly cos my workmate has one and i drool everytime i see it because he bought it new and hasent done a single mod to it and ran it on the dyno last year at the show and shine....i was shocked :w00t:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Boona15, that's cool, I've never even seen one in real life! but it's my all time favorite Commodore I guess most people say the same. I've seen heaps of walkingshaws but never a VN group A, ok well I did see a silver one not long ago but I'm not sure if it was real or not. It had stickers up and down the front gaurd and something about a forced induction shop and yeah it was just crazy fast when it took off from the petrol station even with a full car load of bare footed home boys from the city? : ). It wasn't from my town just passing through and I never saw that car again

andydtuned

Reaction score
Members Ride
HZ 304
hey anyone know if have vr or vs block, with roller cam, can i put a VT cam in and expect it to work fine?

2 HSV's Guy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS MALOO Series III & DMG 90 VN S/C
If you put the VT cam in a VS you need to change the Valve springs and memcal.
My VS Series III 195i Maloo had a roller lifter go bad and it damaged the cam so while talking to Come Racing they informed me of this info. The cam for my Maloo is not produced anymore so I have to get a custom grind with a little tweaking done.
Does anyone have the specifications of the cam for my car, please???

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
no point getting the same specs, why not go for something better?

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
I think early SEDAN VS was same as VN-VR, flat tappet cam but AFAIK VS UTE and all series II-III used sequential injection and roller cam, same as VT.
Check what ECU you have and f you have a roller cam already.

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
If you put the VT cam in a VS you need to change the Valve springs and memcal.
My VS Series III 195i Maloo had a roller lifter go bad and it damaged the cam so while talking to Come Racing they informed me of this info. The cam for my Maloo is not produced anymore so I have to get a custom grind with a little tweaking done.
Does anyone have the specifications of the cam for my car, please???

If you want to keep it stock, Crane make a Stock replacement Cam, the part number is Compucam 2020 (look up there Camshaft listings)

I think early SEDAN VS was same as VN-VR, flat tappet cam but AFAIK VS UTE and all series II-III used sequential injection and roller cam, same as VT.
Check what ECU you have and f you have a roller cam already.

VS Series 1 and 2 are the Flat tappet, even most VS's series 3's Built up to December 1998 are the same

on VS from December 1999 onwards the engine's were roller cam,(mainly utes, as VS statesman were about to be replaced with the WH, but a few VS statos still had them) they Ran MAF, and Seqential injection, and the ECU in my VS is 3 plugs (not 2 plugs like the earlier V8s) was fitted to the roller cam engines(they look like a VS V6 one, and use the smaller type memcal)

All VT 5lts are Rollercam

all rollercam engines use different engine number prefixes than normal engines too

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
thread dig...7yrs old....good read tho