Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp calais commodore front winscreen airvents not working?

waito6496

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais hsv enhanced 3.8 v6
Hi all just picked up my first car and first commodore and need a bit of help it is a 1993 vp calais hsv enhanced everything is working fine except for the aircon vents at the windshield and the cruise control any ideas on whats wrong? any help will be appreciated

cheers!

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
might be a vac tube thats come loose or could be a hole or break of some sort in one of the vac tubes. i havent actually had one of the electronic climate control systems apart yet so someone else might chime in on this one...

waito6496

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok thankyou will check for vacum leaks tommorow cheers

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Being a Calais and only one vent control one of the solenoid valves found behined the console may be faulty.

waito6496

Reaction score
Members Ride
im not sure cause it doesnt matter what its on face feet or demister it always comes out at the feet and as for the cruise control thats got me completely stuffed!!

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
In that case, as the default position for the vent control is to the floor, it will be the vacuum leak as ^...^. You'll be able to find previous threads on what to look for (leaks in: vacuum ball under the passenger side front bumper bar/guard, one-way valve at the back of the engine, in one of the hoses between the engine and bank of solenoid valves behind the console).

The fault in the cruise control amy be something simple like the brake switch. Near the top of the brake pedal is a switch that simply pushes into a clip on a bracket attached to the dash frame. That is to cancel the cruise control when the brakes are applied. The switch may have backed out of the clip or failed.

Do you get a dash light up when the cruise control is switched on? If not, then maybe a fuse.

waito6496

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah mate no light comes on the dash but the fuse seems okay and the connection in the back of the actuall switch is good but i will check the brake pedal switch thanks heaps cheers!