Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Interior light not turning off!

verbaljujitsu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2
Hi Guys,

I recently bought a VP Commodore - and noticed that the dome light bulb was dead, so I bought a replacement for it from Repco.

anywho, I replaced that badboy and tested it, and noticed that the dome light would not turn off!
I've checked the dome light switch - both pressed and depressed still render me with a car with a light on, even with car off, so I have to physically remove the bulb after driving at night.

Any ideas?
I'm thinking possibly wiring, the dome light switch could be dead, possibly a fuse for the interior light timer somewhere - i wouldn't know where to start!

Cheers
Rob.

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
the switchs are earth points for the light so a shorted wire would have that effect to.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
The dome light switch timer goes through your headlight swith on the dash if the timer stuffs up (which is not unusual )you have to replace the whole thing ,but it also depends on what model you have Ecutive,Berlina ect if it has a bcm it migth be timed through there,if it doesnt have one ,its your swith but only after you have ruled out everthing else already mentioned

verbaljujitsu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2
cheers guys, i'll have a detailed look at that tomorrow before uni.

Rob. :)