Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Senator with LSx454

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCEIVDU

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN SSV Enhanced 5.0, 1999 VT S Pac ll 3.8
Hi mate, thanks for those kind words, I guess like a lot of builds it has grown a bit from what I started, its been so much fun. Btw, no my name is not Ross, its Gary, you will certainly see it cruising around once its done, I think cars are for driving not hiding :)

Nice to meet you Gary. I couldn't agree with you more about having a car for driving instead of keeping them locked away. If you do have any spare parts lying around i would love to snap them up lol, im always after one part or another. Best of luck with the rest of your build and you'll see me doing laps of the town centre looking for your beast when its done haha.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
wow i just read through this thread and you have done a amazing job so far and look forward to seeing the updates.

those rims look amazing and have come up a treat

YOURUP

Jecs' problem solver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Monaro, Harley Davidson
fantastic build!

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
They look awesome. Would love to do a set of tri spokes in 18's with a 10inch wide rear set. Keep out the god work.

VSinProgress

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
Massive thumbs up mate, you've done all the right stuff, no poofy "look at me" BS, just pure fkn muscle!
Well done, I bow to thee!

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
OK, after a bit of opinion here. Some of you may have seen this on eBay, I have been chatting to the guy about it, and have the opportunity to maybe pick up the Kinsler injection system and maybe the dry sump set up.

The down side is the ITB is vertical, and although it looks horn (imho) it means its going through the bonnet. Firstly I think it will spoil the stock look I am going for, secondly attract too much attention from the boys in blue. What do people think, this or stick with Jenvey/Harrop.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
horns looks great but I think it'll ruin the look you are going for with this car - could be stock but not quite. One of the great things about this car are the subtle mods that don't jump up and shout from the roof but just look great.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
as much as i loooooooove itb's, the vertical ones im not a fan of, because of the need to cut holes in the bonnet. stick with crossram style if you plan on itb's.

although, with drysump, could you mount the engine lower and use short runners to clear the bonnet?

Status
Not open for further replies.