Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] VS HSV UTE Value

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
They'll insure something for ridiculous prices if they see merit and you'll pay the premium.
Technically true on face value what you wrote, but its not as simple as that for insurance and legal issues and complications with damage and write off payout car values,
Insurance can also be for garaged laid up cars not road registered and owner can pay and take up cover for any property value $ amount for fire and theft agreed with insurance company for any loss. Also a lot of cars can be stripped and sold of parts that 99% get much more that what a registered car would fetch in the open market when sold even without the covid tax.

Also imagine everyone who has a registered $5K market value car that doesn’t sell and then insures it for $20K and then intentionally reverses into a steel post and does damage and then claims $20K write off value for a profit on a car nobody would buy for $5K, dont think reality is that easy or companies that stupid.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just curious what you paid $ to buy back the damaged ute under your salvage rights clause ??
I presume they took buy back $ figure of your $7.5K and paid out lower figure
Yep $500 to buy it back.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
What makes you say that is my car?
Geez silly question to ask as most people know what their car looks like, unless they are #~!# blind. If you cun:t remember, look back at your replies in different previous posts with downloaded pictures of your car that match the video car you posted.
Did you see the letter sent to me with the agreed insurance valve?
Well if you load up picture of insurance cover letter, everyone would see the value, not valve? @fixed it for you. :) Probably threw letter in trash as thought valve opps value was absurd

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Geez silly question to ask as most people know what their car looks like, unless they are #~!# blind. If you cun:t remember, look back at your replies in different previous posts with downloaded pictures of your car that match the video car you posted.

Well if you load up picture of insurance cover letter, everyone would see the value, not valve? @fixed it for you. :) Probably threw letter in trash as thought valve opps value was absurd

Don't need to look at my posts...You need to answer why you say it is my car...You also need to answer if you were at the office when I got the quote and you need to answer whether you saw the paper work with the value on it.

Whilst you are at it, do a reg check on that car in the video and tell me whether an insurance company would insure it.

So proof is what you need to bring to the discussion because you are the one making the outrageous claims with no proof.

Oh and I do have some proof, but will wait for yours...

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Technically true on face value what you wrote, but its not as simple as that for insurance and legal issues and complications with damage and write off payout car values,
Insurance can also be for garaged laid up cars not road registered and owner can pay and take up cover for any property value $ amount for fire and theft agreed with insurance company for any loss. Also a lot of cars can be stripped and sold of parts that 99% get much more that what a registered car would fetch in the open market when sold even without the covid tax.

Also imagine everyone who has a registered $5K market value car that doesn’t sell and then insures it for $20K and then intentionally reverses into a steel post and does damage and then claims $20K write off value for a profit on a car nobody would buy for $5K, dont think reality is that easy or companies that stupid.

In the case of Shannons, how they came about offering me the 20K agreed value was, they looked at cars on the market at the time I was in the office and gave me the price...I actually asked for $5,000 to $6,000...They were the ones that offered me $20,000....

So if the car had a market of $5K, why would they offer $20K?

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Should mention 304 V8 type
Well if its a VS HSV 304 V8 Ute it will be worth a pretty packet $$$$$ according to the claim made by @vc commodore about his older rough dodgy VC sedan as he claimed in a reply to you below and in the video he posted about it.
So obviously your ute is worth much $$ more according to his eggspert opinion but however he has not produced any proof to prove his claims are correct in any way.

Example number 2....I have a 6 banger VC commodore...Reasonably heavily modified....Valued by Shannons for $20K back in Feb this year.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The OPs car is not a HSV, its a pretend HSV.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
The OPs car is not a HSV, its a pretend HSV.
If it's in really good condition I'd say $10k -$12k, more if it was a HSV.
Still hsv or whatever the OP @Mike80 has its still a VS V8 Ute and still according to your value is a lot less than the crappy rough 6cyl vc that @vc commodore is peddling for $20K value in his video he posted
You are looking to buy a V8 ute and are shocked by the current market prices, we sold a VY SS Ute recently and got very good money regardless of any covid bulleshit, so no cheap dodgy rough VC pov pack even compares to value of the utes you are looking to buy.
PS. Your $10-$12K value in good condition for a non hsv is pretty close/ to the real market place today with or without covid bulleshit.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
PS. Your $10-$12K value in good condition for a non hsv is pretty close/ to the real market place today with or without covid
Yep and based on his comments it seems for some reason it would seem the OP doesn't believe the price I suggested as a fair a reasonable price. I based my price on what I have seen V8 VS utes advertised and sold fairly quickly at. If the OP had a true HSV like a Maloo it would probably fetch close to $20k, maybe more if it was a really good example.