Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs to vx gearbox conversion

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hi I just bort a vs s3 getrag wiring harness I wondering if it will go into my s2 vx can I put straight in or do I have to change any of the wiring to make it work
Need help
Use vx auto harness and just tie auto plug out of the way, or if you’re fussy find a vx manual loom.

Frankiee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vx commodore v6
Use vx auto harness and just tie auto plug out of the way, or if you’re fussy find a vx manual loom.
I got a manual vt harness that's on car ATM but car not starting turns over than some time it doesn't even turn over I took vats and security out still won't fire

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
either way you can't legally put a VS engine into a VX

Really ???? says who ? ofcourse you can do it as it's the same engine bar a few extra bolt on pollution bits and pieces which you'd take from the later engine and fit to the earlier unit, apart from that it's merely a change of engine number with your respective road transport department.

I did exactly this in SA and never had an issue.

Now if you wanted to put an Ecotec into a VZ or VE then that would be a different thing.

Singo03

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs executive
Hey guys can one tell me if a vs motor and vl gearbox are compatible manual conversation