Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT hurricane extractors installed, bad noise?

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Hey all,

Just got extractors on the car, great new sound and the power is definately noticeable.(VT V6)

$500 for hurricane extractors supplied and installed.

One thing i noticed is there is more noise coming from the front of the car (sounds like air circulating), but also a bit like a really high-pitch squekkying/rattle noise.

Any idea what that might be? bit worried they may have knocked something, sounds a bit like when i had a tempcap problem.

Thanks in advance

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
sorry i cant help lol, but were did you get the extractors from?

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
'Rob Bliss Exhausts' they did a fantastic job on my catback system and made it sound alot better than others id heard, but yeah, this noise is confusing, might be somethign with my radio though i think, not earthed right maybe, not sure

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
A: Extra noise due to the think steel tube as opposed to the cast iron manifold.
B: You haven't done the manifold up properly and its twisted it causing a leak.
C: The gasket is rooted.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
A: Extra noise due to the think steel tube as opposed to the cast iron manifold.
B: You haven't done the manifold up properly and its twisted it causing a leak.
C: The gasket is rooted.

a) I figured the noise seems to be coming through the air vent or from that area in the middle. As i accelerate, the noise/rattle gets louder.
b) I got this done at a place and did not do it myself, so i hope it hasnt twisted and leaked, only just got it on today.
c) my mate said he got his done once and they didnt bolt it on enough so his gasket blew, mayb ei need to check they are all tightened

Snap-on

Boilermongrelin
Reaction score
Members Ride
82 VH, 99 VT
Hey mate I got hurricane fitted at Biss aswell. Bloody good extractors for the price. The air circulating sound is from the extractors. Its just the sound they make rather than the cast manifolds. I noticed that too. If you think something is rattling ion the bay, just go back and Aaron will have a look for ya.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Hey mate I got hurricane fitted at Biss aswell. Bloody good extractors for the price. The air circulating sound is from the extractors. Its just the sound they make rather than the cast manifolds. I noticed that too. If you think something is rattling ion the bay, just go back and Aaron will have a look for ya.

Yeah they do a really great job and the price for what they charge is great, just incase might get them to go over the car Monday just to check to see if all is ok. CHeers mate.