Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT/VX Ultra Low Springs. Few questions i have....

Fr3ak+--

Closed On Monday
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Exec 5 Speed
if you put ultra lows in and bring back the camber u will scrub..

i am running 19' wheels with super super lows and 245 tyres and i scrub on bad bumps and constantly with people in the back with no camber kit..

the height isn't the only factor to judge if u are going to scrub

you have to look at the camber, the offset of your wheels, the size of your wheels and the size of your tyres

if i put 235 tyres on my rear no scrub, 245 i scrub all the time

food for thought

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
with no camber kit and stock rear end in my vx s1 with kings ssls in the back, it didnt scrub at all, with a vy diff cradle before getting the camber adjusted, it scrubbed bad on my rims (they're 235s), but my stockies (which were 225s) scrubbed a little bit normally, bad on big bumps, then with some of my mates stockies (205s) they fit fine and didnt scrub. Got the guards fixed up, and the camber fixed up, and my rims (the 235s) fit fine and dont scrub at all even with people in the back going over big bumps etc.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
i've got ultra lows all round in my VT Calais with no camber kit at the moment. short rear shocks & front struts are a must. you will destroy standard ones in a matter of weeks.

ANL53X

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Olympic Edition S2
i've got ultra lows all round in my VT Calais with no camber kit at the moment. short rear shocks & front struts are a must. you will destroy standard ones in a matter of weeks.

Is it chewing up your rear tyres with no camber kit?

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
ABSOLUTLY!! getting 15,000kms out of a pair of bridgestone 225/55/16 er300's. Getting a tad expensive at $200 a tyre (for 16" anyway)

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
sorry to hijake ur thread mate, but im interested here to.

tGot the guards fixed up, and the camber fixed up, and my rims (the 235s) fit fine and dont scrub at all even with people in the back going over big bumps etc.

do you mean u got ur guards round to fix the problem?

Infanti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
ive got king spring SSL's in the rear of my car. Its got Boge 60mm shortened shocks (from GSL RallySport) and i didnt touch the camber. Mechanic says its 1.9deg on each side. Had a set of 18's for 2 years and changed them coz they were effed on the inside, but as for scrapping on rubbing guards, never happened to me. Speed bumbs never been a hassle but the people in cars behind dont like me coz i go slow, only real issue ive had is steep entrances and exits, like some servo's.....but it just scrapes the fuel tank mounts and sometime towball. Never tapped the diff which is good. Id go for it mate.....

ANL53X

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT Olympic Edition S2
ahh thanks man, i reckon i will go for it, just gotta save up the extra cash first.

Might just go 17's on it, stockies on the back for dropping skids haha. Many people got 17's on a dumped vt/vx?

BlackVT:D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec S2
i have ultralows, have no problems with them at all :)