Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Equipe | 345rwhp! | LS1 228/230 cam & ported heads + t56 conversion

bdj_007

Foose
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2002 Holden VX Equipe SII
I've been recommended to run tri y's into a 2.5inch for my setup. If i were to stroke it'd i'd have to get 4-1's.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Thanks for the feed back on the cam, it sound and drives great. Drives like a near stock car down low and just pulls over 4000.

As for the whole 'retune because you havn't got a good dyno figure' it really depends what tuner you go to wether it be mpw, casey automotive, pro flow, chevs performance and the rest
Alot of dyno's are well 'happy' and this dyno is known for being very honest.
It's the same dyno that tunes Unfair [vn], lakerz [vt senator], gs1970 [x-something ford], rsted [vh] and many more so i know my cars in safe hands.
To me a good dyno figure means nothing, ill take a good time down the strip anyday of the week.

On another note, My best mates car ls1 383 stroker through th400 & 5000 stall made 289rwkw on the same dyno so its very honest.

No worries m8, just basing my comments on what i have read about dozens of other ls1 v8's with
similar cam profiles and mods like yours that had achieved more power but yeah dyno figures
dont mean anything compared to how the car actually drives and feels. Cant go wrong with
those solid mods youve got and you should be commended for all the work gone into your ride. Some
3.9 diff gears will really bring out that power and it will totally transform your car especially with launches. Cheers

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
I've been recommended to run tri y's into a 2.5inch for my setup. If i were to stroke it'd i'd have to get 4-1's.
Tyi ys,100cpsi cats and twin 2.5inch is what i have but ditched the x- force cat back ( droned like hell on my car) for a custom made one and sounds great now. I considered 4-1's but would have hung down too low plus they would give better top end i was told but for mainly city driving tri's fit the bill...

bdj_007

Foose
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Tyi ys,100cpsi cats and twin 2.5inch is what i have but ditched the x- force cat back ( droned like hell on my car) for a custom made one and sounds great now. I considered 4-1's but would have hung down too low plus they would give better top end i was told but for mainly city driving tri's fit the bill...

Who did your exhaust? I fitted the new x-force exhaust back in Janurary and after a 4 hour trip it just drones like hell. It's driving me nuts! lol.

bdj_007

Foose
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Don't worry i'm looking into diff gears, i may as well utilise the manual and go 4.11's but im wondering wether or not to go true track and i've heard they have a bit of play in them?

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Who did your exhaust? I fitted the new x-force exhaust back in Janurary and after a 4 hour trip it just drones like hell. It's driving me nuts! lol.
Drove me nuts too ( was taken off the next day and sold lol). Exhaust dynamics in SA did mine - not too loud that it would attract the boys in blue but still has a gutsy sound when you put your foot down so happy with it...

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Don't worry i'm looking into diff gears, i may as well utilise the manual and go 4.11's but im wondering wether or not to go true track and i've heard they have a bit of play in them?
4.11 would be great for acceleration and would break traction pretty easily.Would ur revs increase alot at highway speeds with 4.11 in top gear? Wouldnt really matter if u dont do much highway driving.. I would have liked 3.9 in my auto but the revs would have been too high at 100km/hr so not good for long trips..Watch out for diff whine with aftermarket diff gears. I swapped mine for genuine gears cos the aftermarkets i had first whined at certain speeds which i hated but all quiet now.

bdj_007

Foose
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Cheers for that mate, i'll have to look into it. Driving me nuts haha.
The 6 speed is great on a highway. It has 3.45's in it now [factory] and sits on 1500rpm @100km/h. From what i've witnessed it should sit on 2000rpm there abouts at 100km/h with the 4.11's. Don't worry i'll be buying genuine gears, the aftermarket stuff is rubbish.
I'm still unsure about the true track?