Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX S manual - slow to drop revs

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
yep, my manual does the same thing. When I got the HD clutch and
solid flywheel put in it helped a bit but only very slightly.

daggett

Crazy Tiger
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Wagon
Mine does it as well, got aftermarket clutch also no difference

locolatino

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vx II Spac Commodore/ 3.6L V6
i bought a vx commodore spac manual aswel and it also does the same thing! even when u put it into nutural after being in a gear. the revs will increase a tiny bit and then drop. im thinking maybe holden have done this to make the ride smoother between gears. pitty it makes it sounds more like an auto tho.

nzBrowny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Commodore Manual
cheers for the help. sounds like a common problem then eh, but ill give the throttle body a clean out. thanks. next step is a bigger exhaust so i can hear the bluddy thing. keen for the same rumble i got from my VR couple years back.

patto_505

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s
it shits me to tears. there has to be something to do bout it.

nzBrowny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Commodore Manual
yep as most you guys said - seems like its here to stay. dammit. cleaned the throttle but no diffrence.
but before i throw in the towel

1) qlndhighway - is the throttle positioning sensor the bit in the side of the throttle body with a spring and looks kind of like a schlong? or something else
2) soop - which lines do i check for splits?

cheers for any more help. if anyone knows where i can get a downloadable workshop manual that would be mint. cant afford the cash for one here with the way things are going.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
mate i wouldnt go to great lengths to try and stop this from happening... cause its here to stay lol

but if you find a cause please let me know :p

valmet

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy storm v6 ute
Hi everyone,my first time on this site.I to have the same problem with revs holding between gear changes on my vy storm ute which is a v6.I spoke to a auto electrical guy about the prob and he suggested unplugging the idle control motor plug to see what happens.So have now been running around for over a week with no real problems.The only difference is the idle speed is approx 2 or 3 hundred revs less when idling.I have also worked out by putting a switch on the power wire to the idle motor it can be turned back on at any time if need be if I plug it back in.The revs between gear changes is now normal.The plug on the idle motor has 4 wires the pale green wire on the outside is the one I put the switch in not the one on the other outside with the black stripe as this one will cause the engine to start revving.
Cheers