Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY L67 A2A MACE intercooled - NEW VIDEO UP

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
I'm getting a lot of people asking me about the mace lightened rotors. I'll say it on here as the website also lists the price as $660 changeover.

This includes the Teflon coated lightened rotors with new Teflon seals and bearings. This is all assembled ready to go in. The rotor pack is around 900 grams lighter than standard.

I have also been able to get away with running a 6pk belt which isn't on very tight with the 2.5" pulley and 5% overdrive balanncer.

This would normally be impossible with the factory rotor pack (would require an 8pk setup), which is a reflection as to how much (little) power is needed to be transferred to the rotor pack when it's being accelerated.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I'm getting a lot of people asking me about the mace lightened rotors. I'll say it on here as the website also lists the price as $660 changeover.

This includes the Teflon coated lightened rotors with new Teflon seals and bearings. This is all assembled ready to go in. The rotor pack is around 900 grams lighter than standard.

I have also been able to get away with running a 6pk belt which isn't on very tight with the 2.5" pulley and 5% overdrive balanncer.

This would normally be impossible with the factory rotor pack (would require an 8pk setup), which is a reflection as to how much (little) power is needed to be transferred to the rotor pack when it's being accelerated.

I am running a 61mm pulley with a 5% overdrive balancer using a standard rotor pack and I have no issues what so ever with belt slip.

MACE

Reaction score
Barry,

The belt on Adz car isn't on tight at all (6PK-1765) and I honestly assumed that it wouldn't work at all, but works much like a duck to water :)

No larger idler pulleys to increase belt wrap or any fancy pulleys or belts to increase contact pressure. This is all with the factory setup and lazy 9 year old belt tensioner.

While you haven't experienced belt slip with your setup (which is good as it works out to be cheaper) I dare say others have in the past which is why 8PK upgrades exist for this reason.

I know that there are a number of people who are skeptical of the product, but when we're able to reduce mass moment of inertial by just under 40% it can only be a good thing. This is reflected in Adz case where the power continues to increase at a constant rate towards the limiter. If you look other M90 dyno graphs, they often flat line or fall before the limiter when the M90 is pushed hard

Plus you have the improvements in transient response as well which is something that is harder to quantify, but are certainly there

These are my findings (rightly or wrongly), I'm sure there will be people who will probably disagree with them

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Barry,

The belt on Adz car isn't on tight at all (6PK-1765) and I honestly assumed that it wouldn't work at all, but works much like a duck to water :)

No larger idler pulleys to increase belt wrap or any fancy pulleys or belts to increase contact pressure. This is all with the factory setup and lazy 9 year old belt tensioner.

While you haven't experienced belt slip with your setup (which is good as it works out to be cheaper) I dare say others have in the past which is why 8PK upgrades exist for this reason.

I know that there are a number of people who are skeptical of the product, but when we're able to reduce mass moment of inertial by just under 40% it can only be a good thing. This is reflected in Adz case where the power continues to increase at a constant rate towards the limiter. If you look other M90 dyno graphs, they often flat line or fall before the limiter when the M90 is pushed hard

Plus you have the improvements in transient response as well which is something that is harder to quantify, but are certainly there

These are my findings (rightly or wrongly), I'm sure there will be people who will probably disagree with them

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that your findings are wrong. All I am saying is that you can still run a 6PK system with standard rotors, standard idler pulleys and a tensioner that I think is still the standard one that the engine came out with, which makes it about 16 years old.

Just clarifying that belt slip is not an issue.

Saying that it is impossible with standard setups is not quite right.

Whilst I understand where you are going with the increase of power due to lighted rotors, but I don't think that you can quite compare other dyno graphs to ADZ as a comparison. Seeing the rotors are lighter I would expect the power increase to be linear in fashion. As the rotors are not adding anything performance wise they are more so not taking as much away, so to speak.
So the power gains are more to do with the decrease of parasitic loss.

The true test would now be to run ADZ up to normal operating temperature and do 3 power pulls with a set time in between, say 2 minutes, get the average of the 3 runs and then swap back to normal rotors that are in the same condition as the lightened ones. Do the same test then get the average to see what the increase actually is.

Again I am not saying these don't work and to be honest if I was keeping the M90 I may have got a set of these as mine are nearly stuffed.

Déjà vu;)

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
It would have been ideal to do that but I just didn't have the time. Maybe someone else is up for doing this would be an interesting test.

MACE

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that your findings are wrong. All I am saying is that you can still run a 6PK system with standard rotors, standard idler pulleys and a tensioner that I think is still the standard one that the engine came out with, which makes it about 16 years old.

Just clarifying that belt slip is not an issue.

Saying that it is impossible with standard setups is not quite right.

Whilst I understand where you are going with the increase of power due to lighted rotors, but I don't think that you can quite compare other dyno graphs to ADZ as a comparison. Seeing the rotors are lighter I would expect the power increase to be linear in fashion. As the rotors are not adding anything performance wise they are more so not taking as much away, so to speak.
So the power gains are more to do with the decrease of parasitic loss.

The true test would now be to run ADZ up to normal operating temperature and do 3 power pulls with a set time in between, say 2 minutes, get the average of the 3 runs and then swap back to normal rotors that are in the same condition as the lightened ones. Do the same test then get the average to see what the increase actually is.

Again I am not saying these don't work and to be honest if I was keeping the M90 I may have got a set of these as mine are nearly stuffed.

Déjà vu;)
Find another graph that looks like Adz with similar mods, I doubt you won't. Generally when the M90 is pushed that hard they fall over before the factory rev limit

If you look up on L67torque, and on our FB page, we actually have before and after runs of the packs about 2 years ago.

A power gain is a power gain, whether it due to reducing parasitic loses or increasing net power

Put it this way, if people weren't genuinely happy with the performance of these rotor packs, I would happily refund them their money, 100%

People who have taken the leap of faith with this product, have been genuinely happy with them

Hope this helps

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Find another graph that looks like Adz with similar mods, I doubt you won't. Generally when the M90 is pushed that hard they fall over before the factory rev limit

Go to the L67 site and you will see many L67's that are still generating power up to the rev limit. A lot of the ones that drop off can be attributed to setup or tune.

If you look up on L67torque, and on our FB page, we actually have before and after runs of the packs about 2 years ago.

A power gain is a power gain, whether it due to reducing parasitic loses or increasing net power

Not denying this at all, as you said a power gain is a power gain. I was simply pointing out the gain is through less parasitic loss.......

Put it this way, if people weren't genuinely happy with the performance of these rotor packs, I would happily refund them their money, 100%

People who have taken the leap of faith with this product, have been genuinely happy with them

At no time did I say or suggest that the lightened rotors packs were a bad thing or that they did not work. I even said if I was keeping my M90 I would seriously look at running these. I think that they are a good idea.
Hope this helps

Kindest Regards,
Steve

10 characters

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
VY L67 MACE A2A attempts at 0-100 - YouTube

0-100 attempts not very successful. anything above 40% throttle in first gear and see ya later

second run I took off slower feeding it in slowly and shifting early to keep traction but let go in second and was all over the road still manages mid 5s with **** loads of wheel spin so 4s are definately possible with some high quality tyres.

MACE

Reaction score
VY L67 MACE A2A attempts at 0-100 - YouTube

0-100 attempts not very successful. anything above 40% throttle in first gear and see ya later

second run I took off slower feeding it in slowly and shifting early to keep traction but let go in second and was all over the road still manages mid 5s with **** loads of wheel spin so 4s are definately possible with some high quality tyres.

Thanks for sharing Adz :)