Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wh grange with wh caprice roof lining question

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
E2 Maloo R8 #0422, Grange 255 ls1 #0036 & #0167
I googled my question before asking it here and came across a steering wheel controls question asked by someone your reply to that was have you checked the has your question already been asked doovalacka. Rather than ask questions to better understand what his problem wad. I thought to myself I havent checked that so I did, it wasnt. But i aldo found his question wasnt answered either

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Lol seriously, what thread was this mate?

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
ive got a thought. plug in your oem headunit, if the roof controls work, they will work with the aftermarket harness.

It worked. I havent tried the factory original head unit only the caprice but first go working.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
oh come on! There was nothing rude, cocky or arrogant in that man! Furthermore, you based your entire opinon of me on those few sentences? I think I can honestly say that in 2007 I don't think I had done one to be able to answer that question. Besides, the OP didn't respond to say if he had issues or not. For all you know, he might have read the thread and found the answer he needed. The joys of a forum, half the time you never know when someone has found the answer or not. Then again, he may not have. Have you asked him?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
While its working does it have dual zone sound? I don't believe it would but U never know

Last edited:

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Filial? Do you mean dual? Haha how do you mean? If you mean coming through the main speakers then no but because I have also installed the loom with the headphone jacks on it using the factory plug then yes

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Lol stupid fingers..

yea I meant dual zone so the rear can listen to different music to the rest of the car.

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Only via the headphones yeah eg: cars main speakers are playing the radio rear occupants can use the roof controls and listen to a cd

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Would a secondary adapter for the roof controls do the trick? Im in no rush to get it all working just one of those projects thats peaked my interest and so I wanna nut it out. I actually really like the standard caprice unit. Has a few more functions than the statesman variant