Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wh grange with wh caprice roof lining question

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Whether you want me to answer or not. I will. Seeing as yours seems to be a little different. All bullshit aside...

You will need to check if the H/U can have its second zone controlled through the steering wheel input. I doubt it. What you may be able to do (Massive maybe) is use IR repeater style. If that make sense. The type that doesn't actually connect to the H/U but simply has an IR LED mounted somewhere (interior light dome usually) aimed at the H/U. But I would first check with the manufacturer of the SWI if it can have it's individual commands programmed. Some of the PAC-SWI models we used in the US allowed this, but not completely.

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
E2 Maloo R8 #0422, Grange 255 ls1 #0036 & #0167
by all means bud. This has got me buggered but im determined to figure it out or at least a close enough alternative.
The head unit is a kenwood ddx7039 if that helps with any theory's you may have. Not a bad idea the infra red. Hadnt even considered it, basically work like someone has the handheld remote yea?
If this helps with questioThe steering wheel is input through a bullet connector and my original idea was if I hooked up another adapter (cat-10, pac-swi etc) to run independent of the steering wheel and spliced into the same bullet connection. Although this probably would do it, it knocks out the dual zone function and so wont do what im after.
From what I can figure so far the dual zone, when activated, does as intended and plays different inputs to the rear. But when I turned it on I was in maccas drive thru and volume master volume control was lost which was immediately though briefly frustrating.

Ive just had another thought, can the roof control be 're-programmed'? Obviously its more so for rear passenger comfort and entertainment so what if I made it operate the 2x 9" monitors that will be in the backs of the ve senator seats once the interior has been retrimmed?
This is my first thoughts for button assignments
holding 'mode' would become 'on' and 'off' for the monitors
Press 'mode' cycle between game, dvd and tv
Press 'Seek' would be next/previous tv channel, chapter
Hold 'seek' would fast forward/rewind dvd
As for the volume and the buttons, now work with me, when the screens have been activated roof mounted tweeters and rear door speakers are attenuated but rather than to 10% maybe 25% and the audio for whatever source is displayed on the rear screens is output only through the headphone jacks either through ir or cord to the beats by dre pro headphones ive already got there (the factory ones are absolute abortions). Button operation retains its factory assignments.
Any and all ideas, thoughts and associated input/assistance is welcome