Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
The packages aren't "similar". Walkinshaw dump a flash tune on it and don't dyno tune it -they have to do this because the dealers are a franchise and the driveline warranty doesn't apply if Walkinshaw's tune isn't used.

Conversely Tekno dyno tune every car that comes in and because they're the ones backing up their drivetrain warranty, they can be as aggressive as they want. For comparison sake I got just shy of 270rwkw on my VF1 with VCM OTR/1 7/8 headers and twin 3" when tuned at Tekno. Allowing for drivetrain loss that's pretty bang on for the 350kw they advertise their flywheel kw pack as.

Just a side note on this. Spoke to the local agent here in the ACT and they categorically stated that they do dyno tune the Walkinshaw packs including the auto. They also stated that they would do a touch up dyno tune after a few thousand clicks. Guess I'll find out when I see how many kilometres are on it at delivery.

noboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sedan
Just a side note on this. Spoke to the local agent here in the ACT and they categorically stated that they do dyno tune the Walkinshaw packs including the auto. They also stated that they would do a touch up dyno tune after a few thousand clicks. Guess I'll find out when I see how many kilometres are on it at delivery.

I can also back this up as I have the dyno print out from my W310.

Jimunj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Just ordered my VFII SSV Redline yesterday. Spec'd as follows;

Manual
Nitrate Silver
Black out kit (DRL, upper and lower grilles, side vents)
Black lip spoiler
20" Staggered rims
Mats
Full tank of fuel
Black & white plates
Delivery to my home address
$56,217.26

Waiting for a delivery date.

Can I also say, I've been a Ford man through and through. Never owned anything but. However, the new models FG2 & FGX are just not up to par with the new Holdens - so I've made the switch and I'm pretty excited about it :beer chug:

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
that's really cheap for a redline

OSH1360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
that's super cheap. that's only about 7k dearer then what i payed for mine with a gold pass. and mine is without the black out options and 20" option wheels.

id be more inclined to think that that's what it is for the vehicle and accessories, and not including dearer delivery, GST and stamp duty.

for them to do drive away at that price on a VF II SSV Redline, even at what the dealer can buy it for, they would be loosing money.

i wonder if the sales man has cocked up, and signed you up for a VF I? with what you have listed, that's what id think a run out VF I would be at drive away pricing.

Jimunj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
that's really cheap for a redline

I thought so too mate. Took a couple of weeks of haggling between two dealers, but managed to get there in the end. Just waiting for my delivery date which I'm assuming is going to be pain stakeingly long... hahah

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Great deal mate, congrats!!

Just ordered my VFII SSV Redline yesterday. Spec'd as follows;

Manual
Nitrate Silver
Black out kit (DRL, upper and lower grilles, side vents)
Black lip spoiler
20" Staggered rims
Mats
Full tank of fuel
Black & white plates
Delivery to my home address
$56,217.26

Waiting for a delivery date.

Can I also say, I've been a Ford man through and through. Never owned anything but. However, the new models FG2 & FGX are just not up to par with the new Holdens - so I've made the switch and I'm pretty excited about it :beer chug:

bradles024

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR8
That's a very good price well done. I also had a look at a fgx that didn't last long lol. What state are you in?