Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline
I just sold my beloved White VE SSV Wagon after 200,000 KM, after falling in love with the new R8 LSA Tourer. I bought one in Melbourne (Cheltenham) for 72,500 unregistered with a 7 day permit. Its Phantom Black and the only extras were the 20" Rapier rims. I wanted the car and couldnt afford to throw all the extras on top. It cost me 2700 in NSW Stamp duty, and another 1300 for green slip and rego, so $76,500 on road. Walkinshaw will get thier hands on it soon enough....but for now I am happy just to have it. Caught the missus in a real good mood.
Yeah thats a great buy mate : for $7990 u can upgrade to the W507 pack which includes everything in the W375 pack plus the upgraded pulley for the lsa motor : just dont get the tacky decals that come with the pack : i certainly wouldnt be thats for sure

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Word from HVO is that come 2017 vehicles will only be made if its a customer order. So no dealer stock like there currently is in 2016. Yes there will be one for the showroom and one for a test drive and that's it. All orders will be factory orders, no off the lot sales.

So this would mean not as big savings as you can currently get.

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Word from HVO is that come 2017 vehicles will only be made if its a customer order. So no dealer stock like there currently is in 2016. Yes there will be one for the showroom and one for a test drive and that's it. All orders will be factory orders, no off the lot sales.

I guess this could have been expected based purely on increased demand. I like the idea of a bargain 2016 SSVR in early 17 :)

j_davis_1980

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport edition
This would be interesting to see. So if the orders drop will Holden stop building cars or do they make this statement expecting high demand?

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV

There was alot of talk last year etc stating they were going to do a stock build at the end so cars could be bought even into early 2018?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6

Sounds odd, I'm sure they would make a call at some time but I wonder what the percentage of ordered build and off lot sales are??

I've bought 4 new cars and all dealer stock and got great deals

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Sounds odd, I'm sure they would make a call at some time but I wonder what the percentage of ordered build and off lot sales are??

I've bought 4 new cars and all dealer stock and got great deals

I think this might have something to do with reduced staff come the new year, so they would probably only manage to build customer orders and not dealer stock

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I think this might have something to do with reduced staff come the new year, so they would probably only manage to build customer orders and not dealer stock
They must be expecting demand to exceed supply then ... isn't it cheaper to keep an automotive production line churning out a reasonable number of extra cars than have been ordered, and risk unsold stock sitting around, than to slow the line down?

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline

Hi SC : i have heard thats what they r looking at doing but they r still going to build about 160 to 170 per day from around november so will b interesting to c what happens if its just made to order orders :

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Holden released a bulletin to dealers today stating that regular SSV can no longer be ordered, along with the base SV6 or SS (these have been black editions for a while now anyway, but you could always order the regular model for a customer if required). They also confirmed as per above that dealers can't order any 2017 build cars.

I believe their plan is to allocate all future stock, after filling all sold orders. Essentially they'll build customer sold orders and anything that's left over will be allocated to dealers based on sales volume (big volume dealers will get the most stock). I think this is the fairest way, especially if they can't build enough stock.