Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get on a VF?

GenFSVR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F R8 SV
Hey just got a new MY 15 VF R8 SV auto for $66,700 drive away

Think i did well

Which wheels did you get with that? Standard R8 or the Black SV style?
I heard that MY15 if you wanted the SV wheels its an extra option.
Cheers.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Same free auto. Wait till next month for my14 deals

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
The nothing to pay is not really a deal. Just means you don't make payments in the first year, but the interest still accrues. Therefore it's really not a good deal.

There is some really good aged inventory bonuses for dealers at the moment, particularly for MY14 vehicles. So even though Holden is advertising the same offers, there's more room for negotiation.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Just dealer stock I assume as Holden yard was full before my15 but now low, lots of chev badges for export. I would expect Feb/march to have a 14 build sale.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
The 14 plate sale is basically on now. There's hardly any plant stock of VF left, just a few MY15's.

Holden is very reluctant to advertise VF at a pricepoint. This will hurt the resale of them. If they advertised them cheaply on TV or the internet, it wouldn't really help sales much. The people in the market for a Commodore will basically buy it regardless.

zucan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford
timandhayley
that is so true so why cannot holden see the same thing and work at making a car that will sell rather than chucking in the towel my last visit to a Holden dealership was a totally disgusting the sales girl had little or no interest in selling me a car and gave me the impression she had other more important things to do that day

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
It's all good to say why don't they build something that everyone wants, the problem is actually having a vehicle that fits the mould. Australia is an expansive country to manufacture in and unfortunately with the rationalisation of GM platforms worldwide, it is much cheaper to make the small number of cars required for the Australian market in overseas plants.

Come 2018, it will be interesting to see how the market lied, once the dust settles and no more cars are being built in this country. Holden will need some good products at the right price, otherwise they are doomed to fail.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
The same applies to Ford, and not so much Toyota. They will need to build/bring in product that suits our market, not the overseas market.
It will be interesting times ahead thats for sure.