Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get on a VF?

easyrider475

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ute & VF SSV ute
Hi all, picked up my brand new 2013 build SSV ute last week for a driveaway price of $37,000 which included mats and locknuts. I had a $3000 family and friends discount which that price includes. I think I did ok on the deal?, nonetheless it's an awesome car, pretty happy so far.
cheers

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
For anyone looking at buying a VF, this is the first month that factory bonuses are being applied. The offer varies between models, but it will give you more scope for a discount. They have basically rolled out the promotions from the letters that were sent out last month to everyone.

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
Hi all, picked up my brand new 2013 build SSV ute last week for a driveaway price of $37,000 which included mats and locknuts. I had a $3000 family and friends discount which that price includes. I think I did ok on the deal?, nonetheless it's an awesome car, pretty happy so far.
cheers

I think that's an awesome price! I just did a build and price thing on a ssv ute manual in red , at the Holden web site and it comes up as $46,000 drive away!
I got quoted a shade over $55 for a black redline manual ute with a twin hump hard top, that was months ago too.
Looks like I may have sold my ve ute, so I might start looking to see if there are any super cheap deals on a redline ute.
The one I got quoted on was still on the dealer floor last week , I'd say it's been there well over six months now, last time I went in there the battery was dead flat in it... Been sitting there so long. Just looked and it isn't showing on the dealer inventory anymore , so it may be gone

easyrider475

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ute & VF SSV ute
Hi Phil, yeah at the time I made the decision to get a VF ute (about a month ago) they had quite a few brand new 2013 plated models for sale. Within a week or two they were getting snapped up pretty quickly because of the great deals going around. I was originally after an SS but the color I was after (red and auto) had run out. So for a little bit more $$ I reckon I ended up getting the last brand new 2013 red auto SSV (in metro melb). I think they were struggling to move mine because it had the redline interior, which luckily I really like. Glad I did get the SSV, even if it was for the bigger rims which help fill out the guards a bit better, and the sat nav is pretty handy too. Good luck on your search.

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
I found a black ( my preferred colour ) ssv manual ute at a dealer in Melbourne today. Listed on his inventory as $ 41,450 drive away. What do you think? Pretty sre it was 2013 plated. Considering you got yours for 37 k , maybe I could bomb them with a low offer if it's still there the last week of June ?

easyrider475

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ute & VF SSV ute
Hi Phil, I got the price down to $37k because I had a 3k GM discount which I believe comes out of GM profit margin not the dealer. The best I got the dealer down to was 40k (then I laid the discount on the table) and that was for the auto which is about $2,200 extra over the manual. So I would have thought 38k for the one your looking at is not impossible? I would be jumping onto that one (as it seems to fit your criteria) because I don't think there are too many new 2013 models left because of the reasonable discount they're offering.
Cheers

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
Thanks easy rider. Just gotta wait for the sale of my ute to happen, if it doesn't , I just go back to dreaming, but seems like grabbing an ssv for potetentially around 38k versus a redline for $52 ( haven't been able to sniff out any redline bargains ) might be a brilliant idea.
The massive price difference would pay for a full sound system upgrade and some performance mods ( exhaust, intake and tune) and leave a fair bit of change!
I know I'm being an old woman , but this will be my last Holden ute and one I hope to keep forever, but my enthusiasm is always tempered by the knowledge of just how many mental, violent , kicking , over bred sheep I will have to shear to pay for it!
Damn I wish Holden weren't folding! This whole end of Holden ute era thing , is doing my head in! Don't wanna have to deal with this right now, but I don't exactly trust them to keep making them til 2016 either!

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
For anyone looking at buying a VF, this is the first month that factory bonuses are being applied. The offer varies between models, but it will give you more scope for a discount. They have basically rolled out the promotions from the letters that were sent out last month to everyone.

Interesting. Since the concept of the letter is to negotiate your best price, then present the letter for the additional discount, does this mean that letter holder's can get an effective double dose of discount in June?

easyrider475

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ute & VF SSV ute
Thanks easy rider. Just gotta wait for the sale of my ute to happen, if it doesn't , I just go back to dreaming, but seems like grabbing an ssv for potetentially around 38k versus a redline for $52 ( haven't been able to sniff out any redline bargains ) might be a brilliant idea.
The massive price difference would pay for a full sound system upgrade and some performance mods ( exhaust, intake and tune) and leave a fair bit of change!
I know I'm being an old woman , but this will be my last Holden ute and one I hope to keep forever, but my enthusiasm is always tempered by the knowledge of just how many mental, violent , kicking , over bred sheep I will have to shear to pay for it!
Damn I wish Holden weren't folding! This whole end of Holden ute era thing , is doing my head in! Don't wanna have to deal with this right now, but I don't exactly trust them to keep making them til 2016 either!

Thats hilarious Phil, I like the way you put it. I hope you dont count sheep at night to get yourself to sleep!
Hopefully you can sell your existing ute quickly and grab one of the 2013 bargains.
I must say I wanted to get myself into an Aussie V8 ute too before they become "extinct".
Don't over think it Phil, just do it, Im sure you'll be grinning ear to ear every time you get in......just as I do!
Good luck with it all.
Cheers

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
We'll my ute is definitely sold, the young lad is flying over from South Australia to pick it up this week.
He is getting a real bargain that has been driven by someone who drives like an old lady ( me) and fusses over and pampers it way too much!
I have to shop around and get finance for about 20k over 3 years. Anyone who wants to give me a heads up on where to get a good finance deal, I would be very grateful.