Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Either it's new or it's a demo. If it is a demo it will have been registered in the dealer's name. It may have next to no km on it but technically it is not a new car and you are not the first owner.

There are multiple different demo categories.

Dealers use no-hold demos quite a bit to get the numbers up for sales. The car will be reported as sold and registered, and sit in the dealer's holding yard until purchased (i.e. they'll be activated, sold but not driven). These and regular demos are considered to be sold to the first owner when they leave the dealers posession.

There's also courtesy rental cars and demos kept long term, both of these are supposed to be released to used cars at the end of their tenure and are considered by Holden as such.

atomic_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon S2
It's done - took a few weeks but signed a deal I'm happy with.

SSV-Redline Sportswagon
Nitrate Silver
HF-20 Forged Alloy Wheels Staggered Fitment (Black)
Redline Sill plates
Sports Mats
Soft Partition Net
Moulded luggage liner
Smartshades
1600kg tow package
Moulded mudflaps (front and rear)
Roof Racks
Full tank of fuel (premium98)

$61,000 driveaway.

Just waiting to hear back how long it will take.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
So with all the interest in this thread & forum-section over VF2, how many of you folk are seeing them on the road?
Anyone know if sales figures are still continuing along at a steady rate?

I was thinking about it this morning, I just don't see many around. Maybe it's because I don't get out on the roads that much, however, I see plenty of VF wagons & have only seen one VF2 in wagonoid form. Similarly there are a few VF sedans parked in the streets & car-parks near work, I've not seen a VF2 yet.

They've been around for nearly a year; I'd sorta expect to be seeing a 1:4 ratio of VF's to VF2's based on production time, but I'm not.

atomic_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon S2
For me it's been a case of the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon (Google it) since I signed my contract. Hadn't seen a VF2 Redline Sportswagon in the wild, and on the afternoon of signing saw two on the highway! (Both Heron White).

Definitely more attentive to VFs on the road. I see plenty of VF wagons (mostly in the evoke or SV6 variants) but find it more difficult to tell the difference between Series 1 & 2 with these compared to the V8 (which has the bonnet vents).

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I'm always looking at tail-lights (probably because I fitted the wagon ones to our VF pretty much as soon as the VF2 was released), probably couldn't tell otherwise when the wheels are spinning.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
I've seen heaps on my daily drive to and from work on the M1/F3

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I see about a hundred each night as I past holden.......

See heaps in Adelaide but apart from cop car evokes I see sv6's and above, haven't seen many base evokes or utes around, most VF2's seem to be V8's

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Here in Sydney trying to get a dealership to talk is like pulling teeth. It seems so many are not interested in talking!! I have gone to several, asking questions, getting a feel, and even saying I am trying to find a good salesman, and they are all not interested!! When asked about pricing, they all say " if i check the holden website i will see pricing at 60k". Are they for real? I can get 55k easy!! It seems Victoria is the place to buy, and that is even factoring in the rego change and transport!! What is going on sydney? I have even compared the redline against the HSV Black, I know I can get a HSV black from Vic for 63k, yet I was told in sydney I am dreaming!!
And now with HSV demo sales, they gaps are even smaller if willing to go to a LSA demo or 15 model. How hard is it to buy a car!!! Yes I know if I was really determined right now I can do better, but because I am undecided on HSV or redline and also 2016 or 2017, dealers are not making it any easier, or even trying to sway my decision!! One call to a victorian dealer and I had more help than I have ever in sydney.

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Try an email, price (best you can find on the forum) and work out what options are in that price or need to be added on and tell them to better it and you will put deposit down.

I did this and had voicemails galore of offers and ended up at Suttons roseberry.

Was much easier than buying in Newcastle who in my experience were very rude and unhelpful.

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
When I make my mind up on what I want, I will do that. I can't believe how arrogant car salesmen in Sydney have been!!