Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

H

harrop.senator

Na I've done few press fits at home and don't like it haha. Infra red guns aren't that accurate and always scared of over heating the little end.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
Yeah. I think I'm gonna try and do a set. Just need to make a little fixture to put the pistons on.

H

harrop.senator

Bit of a size difference he's lucky did it here. Had to make an intake pipe. Had to find and oil drain angle in the shed as the hose was only straight and the link wasn't going to happen.

Road tuned to 16 psi will max pump out on rollers and set boost til the afr is where it should be hahahah.

IMG20211003113155.jpg
IMG20211003170855.jpg

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
H

harrop.senator

TD 42 that's now unloading the front passenger spring when it comes on song haha.

It's come from a Perth company who high flow diesel turbos building there own wheels in store and play with a lot of variable vane.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
They sound wicked with 1 7/8 but damn pita to fit driver's side.

Replaced block-off rubber that was ejected off 304 in vp...took for test drive & when got back double checking no leaks saw other block-off jammed in chassis rail.

Got 2nd jab didn't want to drive it lol

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I ordered the body moulding kit and bonnet release kit form Rare Spares the other day. The body moulding kit arrived but no bonnet release kit. Usually when things arrive the driver toots out and I collect them. This time it was a Toll driver who placed them outside the gate and took off. If it hadn't been for the dog barking at him I wouldn't have known he had been. I got in contact with Rare Spares who said to contact Toll. Hopefully the part will arrive shortly. Bit of a piss me off as I want to get the car finished and back on the road.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Drove it to work just to give it a run.
Was nice to just get it out and enjoy it again along with having some lazy power under the foot.

Contemplating washing/waxing another one, but forecast isn't looking great.
Might postpone that for another week or 2.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Finally got to installing the "carbuilders" under boonet liner

https://www.carbuilders.com.au/premium-under-bonnet

Luckly I got 2 rolls for less than the price of 1 a few months ago

Still need to trim out the vent holes and fit the pinch weld to the holes, (need to get to clarkes rubber to pick what I want) but you get the picture

Next up will be lining the boot lid with the stuff

I couldn't be happier with the outcome

20211009_155501.thumb.jpg.987f9e8e9924e341273db6576a83429b.jpg

Oh, and as I got the new bigger headers I'm going to get the tune checked, so, as you do, I'm getting a 5mm smaller pulley ($150?) for the supercharger, should add around 2 or 3 psi and is the smallest available that does not overspeed the rotors, so blower warranty is still good

Last edited: