Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

H

harrop.senator

Was actually yesterday but...

Attempted to remove some lash pads from my race Datsun engine for my mates. His Datsun head had to have the valve seats heavily re-seated. The lash pads are now to thick. Hoping mine make it easier to calculate what to machine some to.

First bolt with a hangover on 3 hours sleep and the bro waking me up to do it after a bit of a party night round here.

Cracking the first pivot arm bolt... Exactly got the scar on where I'd got it with the grinder and just avoided a nerve/bone chip six months ago. Completely opened it up on the timing chain. Three stitches later and I'm about to talk him through doing it.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Contemplating Hydro FT Vs Roller FT cam upgrades and more cooling system mods on the L67. The rear mounted thermostat is not making me happy and the fact the V6 motors use a smaller than standard thermostats which limits my options.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Was actually yesterday but...

Attempted to remove some lash pads from my race Datsun engine for my mates. His Datsun head had to have the valve seats heavily re-seated. The lash pads are now to thick. Hoping mine make it easier to calculate what to machine some to.

First bolt with a hangover on 3 hours sleep and the bro waking me up to do it after a bit of a party night round here.

Cracking the first pivot arm bolt... Exactly got the scar on where I'd got it with the grinder and just avoided a nerve/bone chip six months ago. Completely opened it up on the timing chain. Three stitches later and I'm about to talk him through doing it.

Hope you didn't have a swear jar around as I suspect it would have been overflowing after that happened. :)

All seriousness, that would have f....ing hurt....Never fails, you open yourself up before and guaranteed to open yourself up again in the same spot before it heals properly.....Hope it heals properly and you don't reopen it again...

H

harrop.senator

Hope you didn't have a swear jar around as I suspect it would have been overflowing after that happened. :)

All seriousness, that would have f....ing hurt....Never fails, you open yourself up before and guaranteed to open yourself up again in the same spot before it heals properly.....Hope it heals properly and you don't reopen it again...

Yeah it took over a month to heal but had been sore to the touch a lot of the time since. I have no idea why they didn't glue it the first time.

Honestly I was that hungover I don't think I even had the energy to lose it. I couldn't yell in my shoebox house 10m from a sleeping mate to wake him up for a lift haha.

He woke up to me standing over him holding paper towels masking taped over my fingers. Asking ; can you roll us a dart and drive me to the Ed.

Poor bloke wasn't allowed to wait with me once called and my phone died. He was sitting in a GQ out in the sun for almost 4 hours hungover. I think he got it worse then me honestly.

It bothered me more that I'd had a reaction to multiple bee stings pulling the catcher off the mower after doing my little yellow flower stained yard. I was like am I allergic to bees now? My fore arms looks like Popeyes and is burning and the lump it the back of my neck and under my collar is the same haha.

I almost fell asleep in the chair multiple times waiting between people looking at it. If I could have been given a bed they would have had to wake me up to stitch it , real talk.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah it took over a month to heal but had been sore to the touch a lot of the time since. I have no idea why they didn't glue it the first time.

Honestly I was that hungover I don't think I even had the energy to lose it. I couldn't yell in my shoebox house 10m from a sleeping mate to wake him up for a lift haha.

He woke up to me standing over him holding paper towels masking taped over my fingers. Asking ; can you roll us a dart and drive me to the Ed.

Poor bloke wasn't allowed to wait with me once called and my phone died. He was sitting in a GQ out in the sun for almost 4 hours hungover. I think he got it worse then me honestly.

It bothered me more that I'd had a reaction to multiple bee stings pulling the catcher off the mower after doing my little yellow flower stained yard. I was like am I allergic to bees now? My fore arms looks like Popeyes and is burning and the lump it the back of my neck and under my collar is the same haha.

I almost fell asleep in the chair multiple times waiting between people looking at it. If I could have been given a bed they would have had to wake me up to stitch it , real talk.

I've never had experience with the glue...I've always had to be stitched....So no idea how they decide what method to use to patch you up.

I know what you're saying having to wait in the ed to be patched...It's a pain in the ass....What makes it worse is, you ask for someone easy on the eyes to patch you up and they send the one that wants to make you puke....

Anyways hope it heals quick and it doesn't happen again....

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pussies. I use Loctite superglue from my personal supply!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Reactions: Lex
H

harrop.senator

Super glue was invented in world war 2 after a us shortage on stitching equipment and faster to use.

The fact I could see the bone I didn't wanna squirt it in as when Baz did that they had to cut it back up to get infection out as he'd not cleaned it out enough hahah.

I only use super glue if I can see some skin left under it.

Reactions: Lex

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah it sucks when you can see bone. Last time I did that I opened the wound, saw a bit of perfectly clean white bone which then turned crimson red a moment later.