Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Left the charger on it overnight and took her for a spin today, omg its good to be back in a no frills vehicle :D

She'll get a wash tomorrow

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Spent a good couple of hours cleaning the inside of the Subaru. First a good vacuum and the lots of time spent cleaning interior panels and surfaces.

Very successful afternoon, to really get into things I moved the drivers seat fully forward and found my missing 3/8" ratchet with 10mm socket. Been missing a few years, was lent to Mr25 a couple of years ago...

It really needs a good shampoo of the interior as the seats look terrible, time to invest in one of those interior cleaners me thinks.
They are so good. Got one for Christmas.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Cleaned the glass. Got all the etched on water marks off. We have very alkaline calcium rich water.

Maguiars Glass Polish
IMG_5623.jpeg

Hope that comes up ok? It’s bloody hard to get an angle that shows just how clean it is.
2” heavy cut foam pad on a small pad base. I have a 2” DA for the compressor but someone was using the extension cord. So on the drill it went. It got all the marks off from what was below the cowl there.

I used this on the VE Calais windscreen which some of you may or may not recall, I had some nasty etching. 0000 steel wool did nothing. Lots of different compounds. A day or two fluffing about. Everyone had good ideas. Then the Maguiars glass polish was suggested and it worked straight away. Heavy cut pad. Mounted to the drill. So rewarding.

Neighbour says it looks like a new windscreen. He compounded his windscreen the other week, but it still has marks, so I’ll give it a go for him with the Maguiars.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Thankyou for the product name and review, I'll do the same thing in the next few weeks. Got some water marks that are stubborn.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
scannning the forum (as one does as a mod) and again saw this thread -

what did you do to your car today?​

seeempulls... Drove it! yes, really I did :eek:

WillyTheMLGPro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman 50th Anniversary
Few days late but had the Stato serviced with Penrite HPR-15 and Ryco filter done by my mechanic.
Also found that she'll need new front sway bar bushings as the current ones are splitting so we'll Nolathane her up during the next service.