Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is the proper way for hooking up the luggage net in the boot?

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Just picked up mine today. $70 for the net, plus two additional hooks at $5.50. I don't paying a little extra and getting Holden Genuine. Keeps a mate of mine in a job, supports a local business and keeps the suppliers in a job too...mind you its probably made in China...

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Yeah it is a lot to pay for a net but the boot is pretty big and I'd rather not have to put stuff behind the seats because it can put marks on my leather and velour. I have often felt the need for one and wouldn't have bought it if I didn't think it was going to be useful.

True that, its a small price to pay

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Just picked up mine today. $70 for the net, plus two additional hooks at $5.50. I don't paying a little extra and getting Holden Genuine. Keeps a mate of mine in a job, supports a local business and keeps the suppliers in a job too...mind you its probably made in China...

Nice work. Im pretty sure it is made in Germany. Looks like my Holden dealer took a slice on top of what you paid.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
these will just hook up in a exec? do u have the part number guys? i would love to get one

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
these will just hook up in a exec? do u have the part number guys? i would love to get one

Yeah they will fit an exec. You need to get the extra hooks though. I'm not sure of part numbers, I may have to check my receipt. If you ask your Holden dealer, say you are looking for a VZ Luggage Net and they should be able to find it on their system.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
Yeah they will fit an exec. You need to get the extra hooks though. I'm not sure of part numbers, I may have to check my receipt. If you ask your Holden dealer, say you are looking for a VZ Luggage Net and they should be able to find it on their system.
thanxs champ

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6

I'm not sure of the part numbers. As hingo said, order them through your local Holden (I'm on a first name basis with all the parts guys now haha). And make sure they look under the boot section. They won't find it in accesories...

Just check how many hooks you have. You'll need 4 hooks. I had the two top hooks and had to order the bottom pair.

Hey hingo, did you find the plug that used to fill the whole a prick to get out? I also found I couldn't screw the hook in by hand, it was a tight squeeze. I had to use some pliers to get some leverage to tighten it up. Even now I only did it half way up and there is now way its coming out!

But its done the job. No crap shifting around the boot now when I'm going through roundabouts.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
The VZ Calais came with a luggage net from the factory so luckily the four hooks were already there. I bought the car second hand and unfortunately the previous owner had removed the net. I'm glad you like it. I find mine pretty handy.

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
i got 4 small vegie crates (in black )giving to me. and in the boot i can easyly stack them 2 high. cost$0 and everything secure. 1 for work gear,1 for picnic rug etcand 2 empty for anything else

thebulk

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE
Guys - My SV6 only has two hooks in the boot, but you shouldn't have to go buy two more hooks though - if you undo those hooks and pull off the panel (as if you were going to replace one of the tail lights) you will find one additional hook on either side hiding in that space screwed onto the chasis somewhere. Don't ask me why they did that.................