Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to do? :(

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Yeah, get it assessed and quoted properly, it looks like it's just been peeled back, might not be as bad.

Do you use it for work ? Talk to your or an accountant about claiming it off your tax as a loss.

It's a long shot, but I've known self employed people to do it.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Do you owe finance on the car or is it a personal loan not tied to the vehicle? If its tied to the car your underwriter might have a stake in the rebirthing of this thing if you try that road.

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Do you owe finance on the car or is it a personal loan not tied to the vehicle? If its tied to the car your underwriter might have a stake in the rebirthing of this thing if you try that road.

Well here are the facts:-

1. The car is definitely write off as far as I am concerned depending on what the car is insured for Comprehensive or Third Party???? if third party no payment to you and the wreck becomes the property of the Insurance Co.
2. Drink driving, drugs, baldy tyres, street racing and not securing your vehicle whilst away...no insurance company will pay.
3.If under finance for the vehicle...you will still have to pay the loan out.

But you started off this thread with very little info on your circumstances and want to cry on every one's shoulder for advice.

Now give us all the details regarding the crash and we will be able to assist you...not bits and pieces as a lot of posts on here give and expect a miraculous reply!

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Yes I understand that now guys and I I'm not denying it one bit and it has been a hard lesson but just trying to get some guidance on what to do now

In future - don't drive with ANY alcohol in your system !!

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
assuming that it is repairable.
10k to fix plus 20k loan
is the car worth 30k to you?
what would it sell for? 10k?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
insurance would charge 6-8k just to replace bags, belts and dash.

lol srsly? Aside from the dash panel cover on the passenger side, exactly what of the dash would need to be replaced? My VZ had similar damage to the car posted and cost of parts for the just steering wheel assembly including all parts associated with the airbag (including 2x seatbelt stalks) was around $1,800 so unless parts prices have hyper inflated in the last few years I think you're adding a few extra bucks there champ.

Last edited:

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
Well here are the facts:-

1. The car is definitely write off as far as I am concerned depending on what the car is insured for Comprehensive or Third Party???? if third party no payment to you and the wreck becomes the property of the Insurance Co.
2. Drink driving, drugs, baldy tyres, street racing and not securing your vehicle whilst away...no insurance company will pay.
3.If under finance for the vehicle...you will still have to pay the loan out.

But you started off this thread with very little info on your circumstances and want to cry on every one's shoulder for advice.

Now give us all the details regarding the crash and we will be able to assist you...not bits and pieces as a lot of posts on here give and expect a miraculous reply!

Little has been given because there is no need to know every little detail about the situation, my question was about the car not insurance or the legalities of what happened i already know that side of the matter. :)

Also I didn’t come here for a shoulder to cry on I already know I messed up but I was looking for knowledge on what to do now.

I have given about as much information on the crash as I can for the time being and will answer peoples questions that i may have forgot to mention myself.

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute

I have a Personal loan not tied to the car so should be okay in that matter.