Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats better?? VN or VP??

Which is better??

• VN

Votes: 134 48.9%
  • VP

Votes: 140 51.1%

• Total voters

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
VN FTW VPs are still the VN wannabe that holden stuffed up on. Black bumpers on a VN! you cant get any tougher than that c'mon have you seen a VP with Grey bumpers if it was yellow i would be waving it down thinking its a Taxi. From VN exec to VP exec VNs FTW black bumpers look better than a fishnet look alike front bumper that the VP has VN grill is better than VP clear grill. dont even get me started on the faded rear garnish.
And there is more VNs than VPs because VN owners are proud and know there car looks tuff VP owners look like they have the hand me down granny car grannyfied. VNs GO HARD.. VPs GO HOME. LOL

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
The poll is flawed since more people own VN's they made twice as many and yet the poll is almost level. That equals VP for the win :). This should have been posted in the VR/S section anyway so it was fair and unbiased

Bwahahaha! The man makes a good point!! :thumbsup: VP's were the nicer model that the douche's who already owned VN's, couldn't afford. Holden made the VP to rub it in the faces on VN owners. :p:w00t:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
VN FTW VPs are still the VN wannabe that holden stuffed up on. Black bumpers on a VN! you cant get any tougher than that c'mon have you seen a VP with Grey bumpers if it was yellow i would be waving it down thinking its a Taxi. From VN exec to VP exec VNs FTW black bumpers look better than a fishnet look alike front bumper that the VP has VN grill is better than VP clear grill.

Eh??? Other than the povo utes IIRC all VP's had body colored bumpers. Yet more evidence that VN's were only 1/2 finished when they went to the show rooms.

Reaper

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
ROFL. It seems if you own something black, it's tough :p hahaha.

SOME VN's look tough with black bumpers, it's not JUST the black bumpers that do it. A prime example would be Stef's VN "STOWLN". That looks good with black bumpers, standard looking VN's, look cheap and tacky with those faded "going white" black bumpers.

totality

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina wagon 5.0 litre
even tho i got a VN i voted VP......i do like em better but i like VN's aswell and since i got it for free i wont knock it back

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I wouldn't call it argueing mate......it's just a bit of fun!

Also, no there will never be a better looking SS than the VN SS! VN SS vs VP SS.......VN SS, absolutely no contest!
100_2898.jpg

Agree 100%!! VP had some absolute haggard exterior and interior colours, the awsome egg crate front bar, stylish clear plastic grill, ****ty red looking garnishes, worst IRS setup ever (especially if you want to put rims on it) and some ugly spats to compensate for the fact your all weak and won't lower then in the weeds!
Also I think VP SS rims sum up the whole model :rofl:
Also don't forget they made twice as many VN's as VP's, so the VP can't of sold very well.

89 vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exec, 94 VR SS
I own a Vn, ive got a kit like airstrikes which makes me agree the vn ss look is uber and cannot be matched..but it just depends on your taste

vns stock compared to vps look so rough they are such a P platers car now, the VP seems more family like to me but they are both great looking cars depending on their condition

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
100_2898.jpg

Agree 100%!! VP had some absolute haggard exterior and interior colours, the awsome egg crate front bar, stylish clear plastic grill, ****ty red looking garnishes, worst IRS setup ever (especially if you want to put rims on it) and some ugly spats to compensate for the fact your all weak and won't lower then in the weeds!
Also I think VP SS rims sum up the whole model :rofl:
Also don't forget they made twice as many VN's as VP's, so the VP can't of sold very well.

That's why you get a VP without IRS :p, with a kit, a VP looks wicked. With a kit, a VN still looks especially haneous. Hahaha, the VN SS wheels weren't much better. Most people i know use them for burnout / skidpan days. They don't cost much to buy either. Hence the useage at skidpan days.

The reason they didn't make more VP's, is because all the losebags went out and bought VN's, then saw the VP when it came out and were spewin', because they were still paying off ugly cars. I really do hate VN SS interiors. That red and light grey checker style material is rank.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
That's why you get a VP without IRS :p, with a kit, a VP looks wicked. With a kit, a VN still looks especially haneous. Hahaha, the VN SS wheels weren't much better. Most people i know use them for burnout / skidpan days. They don't cost much to buy either. Hence the useage at skidpan days.
well at least vn ss wheels have a use. noone wants to use vp ss wheels. theyre ugly and people hide them away never to be seen. USELESS!

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
VN's came out with that stupid series of engine, SI, ****, totally differnt crank patterns for a manual compared to an auto... wanna change the thermo stat? theres an 5 hour job.. dont get me started on the coilpack setup.

Holen made the VN SI, meh... they made some revisions, Brought in climate control to calais giot a decent engine in.... They made the VN SII, nice car... then they fixed some obvious "non-painted" asthetics added nice colours to the range, few other mechnical issues and then........... from something crap..... came a very sort after machine, so sort after they made only half of its predessor in an effort to point out how good theyll be..... and it was pranded.

THE VERY PERFECT COMMODORE, shortened to VP.

aZk.