Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where are the VXR owners?

Alan H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
So yours is the MY19.5? Did Holden come good on that 7 year warranty? I read somewhere that anything delivered after Dec 10 2019 got the 7 year.
Not sure about this one. I currently lease, so all billing I don't see.

Reactions: TJP

TJP

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB
Currently do similar, around 100 km per day for some time. Most of it on freeway. Averaging 7.5ltr per 100km. Overall for 2.5 years 9.8ltr per 100km. Wouldn't say not thirsty. Only 60ltr tank.
That’s still fairly good for a bigger motor.
I’ve got a manual 2007 2L Ford Focus and it’s averaging 7.5 :/
I’ll be doing between 150-200kms per day pretty much all freeway.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
That’s still fairly good for a bigger motor.
I’ve got a manual 2007 2L Ford Focus and it’s averaging 7.5 :/
I’ll be doing between 150-200kms per day pretty much all freeway.
the v6 in the zb has afm(cylinder deactivation) so when you are cruising on the freeway etc it switches 2 cylinders off and runs in 4 cylinder mode so for long country/freeway driving it is pretty economical.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
the v6 in the zb has afm(cylinder deactivation) so when you are cruising on the freeway etc it switches 2 cylinders off and runs in 4 cylinder mode so for long country/freeway driving it is pretty economical.
Is the AFM reliable though? Because I know that GM had a lot of problems with the cylinder deactivation in the 6 litre V8

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
Thanks for the quick replies.
How’s the fuel go on the VXR if you’re sensible? I’ll potentially be doing a lot of easy highway kilometres so thinking it wouldn’t be too thirsty.

Just got back from a weekend trip to Wellington and back, around 1100km in total. Car averaged 8.6L/100km. That's not bad considering NZ is not a flat country - my home towns elevation is ~200 feet above sea level, Wellingtons elevation is less than that and the highest point in the road between them is at 3500 feet. I pushed it (quite) hard for about 5% of the trip the rest was a nice easy cruise. The missus drove some of it and she asked to stay behind the wheel longer than planned. One thing this car shares with it's Aussie built forebears is the ability to effortlessly cover distance in comfort when you are driving at 1-2/10ths.

Reactions: Lex

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Is the AFM reliable though? Because I know that GM had a lot of problems with the cylinder deactivation in the 6 litre V8
keep the vehicle serviced properly and you wont have problems with it, the lgx engine has been in vehicles since 2016 and seems to be pretty reliable.

i have 100,000km on mine and it has not skipped a beat.
only thing that has failed is the aircon hose leaked which i posted here

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
keep the vehicle serviced properly and you wont have problems with it, the lgx engine has been in vehicles since 2016 and seems to be pretty reliable.

i have 100,000km on mine and it has not skipped a beat.
only thing that has failed is the aircon hose leaked which i posted here
[/URL]
I've heard problems with transmissions as well as front and rear differentials on the ZB's... What do you think is the most reliable ZB powertrain vs least reliable powertrain?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I've heard problems with transmissions as well as front and rear differentials on the ZB's... What do you think is the most reliable ZB powertrain vs least reliable powertrain?
if you are looking for a larger sample size of reliability its probably best to look in the markets where there were a lot more sold