Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where are the VXR owners?

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
Any idea how to reset the trip meter on the VXR and check out the fuel economy? Don't want to damage any sticks turning the wrong stuff. Checked the manual but can't find it.

If you have Trip A or Trip B already on the display, press the right arrow for the sub-menu and select reset.

If you have Nav, audio or something else on the centre display, press the left arrow, select [info] then [ok] to show the Trip A or Trip B (you may need to press the up or down arrow to cycle through the choices) then do as above.

I'm assuming you have the same or similar steering wheel controls as the RS-V:

zosozysir1rsnkv90askxxax4.jpg

Mike Lowry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II - Black Edition
So you think it handles the bumps and poor road surfaces better than a VFII? And this is in Touring mode?
It sure does. The VFII is rough, the steering is heavy - the VXR is a more luxury ride (with a mild sport suspension feel) in touring mode

Mike Lowry

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you have Trip A or Trip B already on the display, press the right arrow for the sub-menu and select reset.

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed and yes the setup is the same as the RSV.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
It sure does. The VFII is rough, the steering is heavy - the VXR is a more luxury ride (with a mild sport suspension feel) in touring mode
We also have a VF series I and agree the ZB steering is a lot better. But the ZB Calais V Tourer we have definitely is not nearly as good at handling patched and poorly maintained roads which are pretty common in the suburbs of Australia.

Mike Lowry

Reaction score
Members Ride
We also have a VF series I and agree the ZB steering is a lot better. But the ZB Calais V Tourer we have definitely is not nearly as good at handling patched and poorly maintained roads which are pretty common in the suburbs of Australia.
It may be that the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres softer so it feels better in the cabin. The PS tyres wear faster from what I read in another forum... so will have to look at alternatives when the time comes.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
It may be that the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres softer so it feels better in the cabin
Yes I think the Michelin tyres which are pretty soft is making the difference. The Calais v continental tyres are quite firm and I run mine at 39 psi all round.

Mike Lowry

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi All,
Anyone know if it's ok to remove the rubber inner for the wireless phone charger in the VXR? I have a larger Android phone S9+ which does not fit.

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
Hi All,
Anyone know if it's ok to remove the rubber inner for the wireless phone charger in the VXR? I have a larger Android phone S9+ which does not fit.
I've seen it done on a YouTube vid - didn't cause any damage.

Mjrobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vfsv6
Almost ready to bite the bullet and purchase a vxr, waiting till the end of the year run outs .. in Australia there are so many untouched 2018 plated vxrs on car sales advertised at $63000, realistically, would I be waisting my time trying to get one down to $40000? Or should I just settle for a 2017 model which seems getable at that price ? Does anyone have any experience here with end of year price drops ?