Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why Do People Always Put **** On Commodores

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
ha

talk about a old thread revisited. quite funny, but bear with me

we did a cruise down to the bwcp one night, and there were a few of us, my car and a mates car that we had at the time both wernt the best of looking cars, but hey, they are ours, and we got to talking not to long ago, (cant avoid him, it's my future father out law) and we both came to the following conclusion

4 cycl or even 6 cycl jap car's are all ready made fast at factory standard, it's a easy way out for boy racer to get himself a fast car

the holden lover well, he/she enjoys making his/her car speical, just the way they like it. the amount of body kits for the vn for example is endless, where the old r34 dont have many choices exept a huge piss of wing at the back, and that's it

the r34 comes out of the factory at a huge amount of speed, where the old vn for example dont, but it's the joy and the knowledge knowing you made a fast car. you can do heaps with holdens and in my eye's you cant realy do much with the jap crap things

ive been a holden man all my day's, it's not about to change, the rice phase will pass, just wait till they bring out a car movie that stars a few v8's doin what fast and the furious did, and before you know it, there will be more v8's on the road again. just wait,

cheers
garth

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I agree, to an extent.

But things like- the r34 has its different models, for example you can get a 2litre version, or the n/a 6.. Now I don't really call these performance cars, we just don't see them here that often because not too many people want to import a little 2litre.

Bodykits, well, any car has a thousand different kits, and kits can be adapted to fit alot of other things aswell. But the r32 for example has a heap of different kits, from different manufacturers, veilside and the likes of the workshops, not to mention widebody kits, and the ones they came out of factory with.

I think the rice phase may pass, people still stop putting checkerplate on everything, neons and 6 foot high aluminum wings around, but I think until Import regulations cut that trade back, everyones always going to be getting the good buys.

P.s. I think there is actually a car movie with v8's doing that kind of stuff. Had some falcon GT's new and old, and Monaro's, GTS's etc. Have no idea what its called, but they used to send me SPAM all the time because I watched a few trailers.

mechanic22

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN 3.8 A4 and 98 VT 5.0 A4
Everyone's entitled to their opinion and just like assholes, evryone has got one. If you are happy with what you drive and you are happy with the price you paid for it, does it really matter.

I love my holdens and both of my commodores. The 98 Berlina is just like a lounge chair with a V8 Ha Ha! :yeah:

If evrybody drove the same car and had the same opinion it would be a boring world. We need to have all of those dickheads out there otherwise where would the competition be.

To all the ricers, I don't see their manufacturers in V8 Supercars. But then again they have the classes and aren't there commodores in most of those too!!!!!

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I saw a chick driving a VY Series 2 HSV Maloo the other day :D

Was quite an attractive sight ;).

H

HIS_HSV_VQ

Your not a wanker for spending money on a holden, so take it is easy on the imports i have one, love it but the thrill of the VQ mmmmmm gotta love the powa.

V

VN_BERLINA

If anyone ever says your a wanker for buying / modifying a commodore, well they should be shot. I got a video of someone doing a burnout in a fully sick souped up excel at summernats 05' and smashing it into a barrier right infront of me!
They have no brains, only watch fast and the furious once and they think skylines are ultimate. :rice:

PM me if you wanna have a laugh and see the excel crashing

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Well I wanna see the excel crashing.

But you can't say that an r32 or an r33 has got alot of potential. And just by owning a skyline I can't see why they are ricers.

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
Just have to say I love the look of R33 Skylines (without body kit)...if I wasn't devoted to Commodores or rear wheel drive that's probably what I would be driving.
Bec :wave:

V

VN_BERLINA

bextor84 said:
But you can't say that an r32 or an r33 has got alot of potential. And just by owning a skyline I can't see why they are ricers.

Im not totally dissing skylines, it shits me that people who know next to nothing about cars can overlook just about everycar and say skylines can outrun absolutely anything from a stupid movie. I actually had thoughts about purchasing a r33 till a mate knocked some sense into me and showed me what a V8 can do. Yea they have plenty of potential no doubt about that.

Ive also been getting a fair bit of **** from newbe drivers trash talking auto transmission on my car and the fact its a commodore. Is a manual that much more better and economical in a V6/V8?

I'll post the rear wheel drive excel burnout movie in a couple days when i get the cd back, stay tuned. oh yeah i jus like the rice boys emoticon, wasnt leading anywhere with that.