Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will you ever buy another Holden?

metalfossil

Reaction score
After recently picking up my VF Series 2 SSV, I've given quite a bit of thought to the fact that this might be my last Holden I'll ever buy. I'm coming up to my sixtieth and have always owned and loved Holdens and I honestly can't see myself in an imported car dressed up as a Holden/Commodore.

I wonder if anyone else feels this way?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Not really , I've sort of already decided I'll probably go Japanese when it comes to replace the Holden , so I will have to buy some golfing trousers to match the Lexus :p

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I'm of the Never Say Never opinion.

I'm not going to avoid buying a car which suits, if such exists, just because it's an American company which stopped manufacturing here.

Ok, Commodore was the only thing Holden sold which suited when we bought nearly 18 months ago. But who knows, maybe they'll make a non-crap Barina in future?

Maloo37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais, VF2 SSVR UTE
This VF SSV Redline ute and maybe if I do decide to buy a HSV next year will be the last Holden's I will ever buy. If I am going to buy an imported car from Germany it's never going to be a rebadged Commodore!
I do how ever plan on keeping this Ute as it's the only Utes I like not into the 4x4s.....

Comfal

Reaction score
I will be considering a V6 2018 Commodore but only if it isn't too expensive. Apparently Holden will be marketing the V6 version as a premium product so I think they will make it too expensive as they have with the Astra. They have to remember it will be replacing the $38,990 SV6 no matter how they market it. I have driven the new base model Astra and even though it is a good car it certainly is not a $28,000 car. If 2018 Commodore is priced too high which it looks like it will be I will be going Mazda.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Will all depend on if Holden sell a vehicle that suits my needs.
I also like working on my own vehicle, and holden commodores have been better than a lot of others to diy.
So only time will tell, but if I was to buy another holden apart from a commodore, in the near future, it would a Colorado.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
My next car will be a Subaru I think. Something Japanese for a change.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
AWD turbo for me... probably the RS3 sedan that's coming. I miss the boost from the Falcon I had but not the lack of traction.
If there was a twin turbo awd V8 sedan out there (Alpina is coming) under $70k I'd own it in a heartbeat.

jackieboy76

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6
Im of the same mind re buying rebadged euro "commodore". the VF is a great car and the quality is far better than previous models, our lease runs out on our SV6 late next year I was thinking of trying to get a second hand redline (if I can) or even HSV. Even the missus thinks the same if we go for a German car it would probably be Audi we like driving manuals also which I gather is not an option on the next "commodore". Other than that we'll be looking toward Japanese.
its a damn shame I've only bought 5 cars in my life and 4 were Holdens