Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will ZB be the end of GM in Australia

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I had an XJ Jeep 4.0. I loved it. Easy to work on and fairly cheap for parts if you buy them from the US. I love the shape of the new proper Grand Cherokee but not the Lerado cheap version. I want one, one day big 6.4L. The new Cherokee is butt ugly and like Holden they are going for a European flavour, which I am not a fan of.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Skydrol

That Chevrolets version of the Insignia sucks big time. What a hideous looking dog. Is the impression the photo conveys accurate-does it have a heavily sculpted scallop in the doors? If so, it wouldn't share many panels with the other versions.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Yes is hideous, but rides like a ZB, is all cosmetics.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Hahahaha... I know them, very interesting group they are :D

I wonder where the Japs get their names, Fuga in Castellano means Escape, like escaping from jail. That car in the US, I think is an Altima or Maxima, they look to damn close for me to tell.

whenever I hear the name Fuga , I think of Homer Simpson in the fugu blowfish episode , the Japanese also had a Nissan Cedric and Gloria too, lets not forget the Isuzu MU ( mysterious utility ) , and the Mitsubishi Pajero , which very loosely translated means Mitsubishi Wanker .

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Yes, I am very proficient in Castellano. Paja in Castellano means Straw, like a Straw Roof or Straw to drink. However in Hispano-American countries, the slang means Ejaculate. So the "ero" at the end is a possesive, so... as you said, means Wanker on Brits and Aussie slang?

Now, a Paje or Escudero (J sounds like H in Anglo) is also a Squire in very old Castellano. So what I think, they tried to say was Squire, like a some sort of companion. But in modern day Spanish in Hispano-America it sounds awful and turned in an epic fail :D

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Yes, I am very proficient in Castellano. Paja in Castellano means Straw, like a Straw Roof or Straw to drink. However in Hispano-American countries, the slang means Ejaculate. So the "ero" at the end is a possesive, so... as you said, means Wanker on Brits and Aussie slang?

Now, a Paje or Escudero (J sounds like H in Anglo) is also a Squire in very old Castellano. So what I think, they tried to say was Squire, like a some sort of companion. But in modern day Spanish in Hispano-America it sounds awful and turned in an epic fail :D

Well I’ll be eh

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
and the Mitsubishi Pajero , which very loosely translated means Mitsubishi Wanker

I went to high school with some guys from Chile.

They thought it was a great joke when the Pajero was first released.... running around "Pahero, Pahero".

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Wankers - unite against this slur upon your hobby.!
The inspiration for ‘Pajero’ name was a South American pampas wild cat.
The Mitsi Pajero in Spain is a ‘Montero’.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I'm really starting to wonder if this car was coming out of the Elizabeth Plant would we be having this conversation in the first instance.

I'm finding that the look of the car in sports trim is quite amenable as I rather like the Mazda 6 look that's been on our roads for quite some time now.

The other thing I really like is the instrument panel and complete dash assembly opposed to the VF. I can't stand the VF's screen and those old looking AM radio twidle knobs that poke up vertically, obviously something that didn't really take off as no one else has them like that and also those ugly cheap looking black plastic tubes which have the instruments at the end of them. Don't get me wrong they were great for the driver but just not that appealing when looking into the car from the passenger side.

Like I said above if the car was being produced here in Adelaide and still had the option of a V8 slated into it would we be carrying on about the fact that the shape was from Germany just like the VB originally was ?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think it being FWD also makes it less appealing.