Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will ZB be the end of GM in Australia

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
If you look back at what the market was doing the VS only had a 6 Cylinder "S Pack" as a model, with the V8 only being an optional upgrade and no SS in the utility line up.

Except for the 300 made at the end of the VS run.

ausmac91

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Maloo
Tempe don't sell wheels....Just tyres.....I know first hand, because I got offered a job there 6 months ago, but knocked it back....And Simmons wheels seem to suit the majority of cars....
See you're in SA, if thats true here cool but Tempe do sell wheels (check their website big part of what they do, but maybe just online I dont know) and own the Simmons brand unless they've flogged them off since 2016 or so. Not quite the wheels they once were though can't speak for their three piece offerings. Anyway, it wasn't a neg against Simmons more the wheels on the black one seemed a better choice for the ZB's look. My opinion only.

UPDATE: Ah no mind, i see SA is a warehouse only, i was associating towards the manufacturing association not the walk in and purchase thing, think we said the same thing from different angles :)

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
When you say "produce" you mean 'specify from an existing vehicle produced by a third party design and manufacturer with a long list of options, so they can offer a bunch of different priced models.'

Yes I agree, wait and see if they succeed. They need to get these cars on the road. Maybe they can do a deal (for the 4cyl FWD and diesel) with Uber and Uber wannabes before someone else does.

Yes, they maybe using another existing vehicle platform, but at least they are trying to get a car onto the market, which is the trend of what is currently selling with other brands...ie the FWD, AWD and4WD markets, which is what Australia seem to be embrasing at the moment

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
See you're in SA, if thats true here cool but Tempe do sell wheels (check their website big part of what they do, but maybe just online I dont know) and own the Simmons brand unless they've flogged them off since 2016 or so. Not quite the wheels they once were though can't speak for their three piece offerings. Anyway, it wasn't a neg against Simmons more the wheels on the black one seemed a better choice for the ZB's look. My opinion only.

UPDATE: Ah no mind, i see SA is a warehouse only, i was associating towards the manufacturing association not the walk in and purchase thing, think we said the same thing from different angles :)

I can tell you, I did go for a job at the S.A distribution warehouse and all they had was tyres of all brands....They basically parrell import....They barely have room for tyres, let alone stocking wheels.

If they are selling Simmons wheels, again, it'd be parrell importing, as that is what they do....

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
All I can say about this posting is, you need to get out more....

Fact is, people will buy cheap cars and plaster them with what ever crap they want to....It's not a brand specific thing....I see all sorts of makes and models that people do this too...Not just the commodore. In fact, the Commodore would be the least plastered car I see.

Personally I see Holden as trying to produce a car, which blends in with the current trend of cars and who knows whether they will succeed

i didn't say other cars don't get the same treatment - but i do know that heaps of ppl see Commodore and immediately think "bogan". That's an image problem and it reduced Holden's sales because everyone wants to be an iPhone wielding late sipping w*nker.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Now now guys play nice,

The terminology about bogans is generally aimed at Commodores that are around 6 to 10 years old and not new releases. From that the ZB will be in that category in around 2024. Most Bogans can't afford $50,000 for a new car. 10K is their limit on a car.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Now now guys play nice,

The terminology about bogans is generally aimed at Commodores that are around 6 to 10 years old and not new releases. From that the ZB will be in that category in around 2024. Most Bogans can't afford $50,000 for a new car. 10K is their limit on a car.

don't bet on that one, i've seen recently people asking for advice on buying a new car and wife will not consider commodore because not a bogan (maximum derp level achieved on people like that - but hey that's how they think, just stating the facts).

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V

I disagree. The term Commodore at all levels has a bogan stigma attached to it. When I first bought my VF Calais V I copped the inevitable bogan tag from my mates (who drive Euro cars) but once they saw it in person, got to sit in it and play with the gizmos. They went a bit quieter because they realised that they paid 40-50% more for their car that had the same (or less) features, similar quality feel and less power.

They still call me a bogan, but now they do it a bit more tongue in cheek because they know I made a smart decision.