Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wm Caprice idling rough!!

GaryJ79

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Caprice 6.0 wm
Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help me, I have a 2011 WM Caprice 6.0 V8 and its idling a little bit rough when cold, and when it heats up, when I'm in traffic starting and stopping it gets a lot worse to the point where my engine management light and ESP light comes on. When these lights are on I have had it scanned and no fault codes come up at all. I've had the plugs and leads changed, the coil packs have been tested and are fine, injectors are working fine, fuel has been tested for contamination and is fine. I am really baffled as are the 3 different mechanics I have taken it to. Please please please can someone help if you've had the same sort of problem. Many thanks

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Buy a bluetooth obd scanner and scan it when it plays up, read the code

GaryJ79

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Caprice 6.0 wm
Hi thanks for replying, i've had the car scanned by the mechanics and it's not showing any fault codes, would it be the same sort of thing with the obd scanner?

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Codes may dissappear after so many successful restarts. ..if your cel comes on whilst driving I'm sure your scanner will detect something