Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Working Solution to Retrofit VF2 Bimodal mufflers

The91kwbeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
De-pin the plugs, taking note of wiring layout (take a photo) Lift the butyl tape on the floor of the boot (silver foil backed tape) close to the battery it covers a hole, feed both sets of wiring through the hole, neatly run 1 set across to the drivers side bi-modal re-pin the plugs and connect. 10-15 mins or so, I found it to be quite a simple job but think i extended some wiring from memory it was a while ago.

Thanks but there is no tape on the passenger side close to the battery. Spoke to the owner and he's suggesting to drill a hole in my spare wheel well.... So it's literally drilling into the car or removing the battery assembly and wiring for the passenger side.

And then I need to de crimp the drivers side since it doesn't fit into the hole provided there either.

Good times..

Pigg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore v6 Sportwagon
Yeesh what a nightmare, that does explain why there are no instructions because if he provided them no one would buy it.

So that's the passengers side, drivers side someone else said to feed it through this hole but mine doesn't fit, did you have that issue?

Frankly this is now auto electrician stuff as if I have to remove the battery and wiring and reinstall it all it's getting past my skill level for something that everyone seems to be saying is easy, when it is obviously not

Thanks for the fast reply btw sorry a bit blunt I'm more less impressed at the business selling a $280 with zero instructions
Yeh it took some time, yes I
De-pin the plugs, taking note of wiring layout (take a photo) Lift the butyl tape on the floor of the boot (silver foil backed tape) close to the battery it covers a hole, feed both sets of wiring through the hole, neatly run 1 set across to the drivers side bi-modal re-pin the plugs and connect. 10-15 mins or so, I found it to be quite a simple job but think i extended some wiring from memory it was a while ago.
This is basically what I did aswell but I had to widen the hole to even get the plugs threw and accidentally de pined the plugs in doing but they went back together easy enough
It is abit of mucking around but the trouble is worth it

gijor33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SS Commodore
Sorry to revive an old thread. There isn't much on the internet about the ultimate wiring conversion kit installation. I've got one, which has the option for a hard wired button. Has anyone done the same? I'm looking for a video on how to wire up the button to ignition and the ultimate wiring module. The above tips on running the wires to the mufflers is handy. Cheers