Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
You are 21, forget it. Think of insurance costs that's if anyone will insure you for a modified vehicle.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Haha thankyou man that's what I thought too, do you know what I should do to get extra oomf? Without paying THOUSANDS if I decided not to boost it?
Some basic bolt-on's will get you some gains. MACE CAI, Pacies, Redback cat back, plenum spacer, and some 1.9 Mace rockers. Still going to cost $2k or more for the above list, unless you're handy on the tools.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
You are 21, forget it. Think of insurance costs that's if anyone will insure you for a modified vehicle.
It’s probably going to be a journey for them and it might get done after they are 25. I wouldn’t mind turbocharging the SSV but I’ll probably be lucky to do it before I retire!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

Car modding was going on when I was 16 and I'm 50, last I knew nothing had changed....

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car modding was going on when I was 16 and I'm 50, last I knew nothing had changed....
Car modification has been going on since the birth of the ICE. I don't remember having any trouble getting insurance on a modified vehicle when I was young. The world has changed a lot since then. The whole idea of insurance companies insuring your car is so they have less chance of paying out. Under 25 and modified car, forget about it. Sannons might be an exception but not having been under 25 for a while I'm not likely to find out.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car modification has been going on since the birth of the ICE. I don't remember having any trouble getting insurance on a modified vehicle when I was young. The world has changed a lot since then. The whole idea of insurance companies insuring your car is so they have less chance of paying out. Under 25 and modified car, forget about it. Sannons might be an exception but not having been under 25 for a while I'm not likely to find out.
Insurance isn’t about spreading the risk, it’s about reducing the risk! They won’t cover you if they think there’s a decent chance you’ll claim, just ask everyone in Lismore and Ballina right now!

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
Insurance isn’t about spreading the risk, it’s about reducing the risk! They won’t cover you if they think there’s a decent chance you’ll claim, just ask everyone in Lismore and Ballina right now!
I didn't mention spreading the risk. I agree reducing the risk. Add places closer to home like Goodna

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
I didn't mention spreading the risk. I agree reducing the risk. Add places closer to home like Goodna
I know. I’m having a dig at the insurance industry. The whole idea of insurance is supposed to be spreading the risk out among as many people as possible.

Unfortunately the profit motive perverts that into smashing anyone over the head that presents even a slightly moderate risk. There’s a reason Warren Buffett owns an insurance company and it isn’t because it helps spread risk for the community!

Cptn_Cleetis

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 WH statesman
User name inspired by a certain Youtuber? If you follow in his footsteps then plenty a engine will be sacrificed at the feet of the gods for speed.
Haha nah mate had captain Cleetis as my Gmail since I was like 8

Cptn_Cleetis

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 WH statesman
Some basic bolt-on's will get you some gains. MACE CAI, Pacies, Redback cat back, plenum spacer, and some 1.9 Mace rockers. Still going to cost $2k or more for the above list, unless you're handy on the tools.
May be young mat but still handy on the tools, and yeah Cheers brother very reasonable response (sorry for the late reply)