Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Zb commorde haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Mirrabucca,

I am absolutely sure a drive in one would "sell " you. I'd even suggest the lift back as a contender depending on how much wagon space you need. I'd be more than happy to help if I lived nearby. If you cannot find someone on here who can let you drive theirs go and hire one for a day.

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
Mirrabucca,

I was in the same position as you when I bought my CalaisV Tourer. There is no other affordable large V6 AWD wagon on the market so ZB was the only choice really with the VW passat the closest contender but many thousands dearer like for like and only a 4cyl and Diesel. I only paid $41,000 for mine last October including tint, towbar, slim line weather sheilds and headlight & bonnet protectors. It was part of a failed commonwealth fleet deal so had already been registered for 2 months and had 400km on it as they were using it as a demo. The ZB is a great car and way better than any model before it. I have owned a 2014 VF Red line and my thoughts were reinforced yesterday when I was given a VF SV6 as a loan car while my car was being serviced.

Chalks1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 CALAIS ZB V Tourer
Does anyone reading this and living in the Canberra area have a ZB that they might consider letting me have a drive?

Im in Tathra & drive a Calais V Tourer if you want to come over for a trip. Alternatively, Im in Cooma bowling on Sunday. I love the car, & thats coming from a VF SS wagon.

If I have a minor gripe, it could do with a little extra headroom, who uses a sunroof?

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
I guess the haters now have a valid reason to hate. I'm really quite surprised by GM's recent decision as Holden as a brand are the fourth biggest seller in N.Z. and have an 8% market share. Interesting comparison, BMW have just over a 1% market share in N.Z. and Mercedes-benz just on 3%. Even Honda a mainstream Jap brand only have just over 3% but Toyota basically own the market here and have a whopping 20%.

I guess we just soldier on and accept the new reality...

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I guess the haters now have a valid reason to hate. I'm really quite surprised by GM's recent decision as Holden as a brand are the fourth biggest seller in N.Z. and have an 8% market share. Interesting comparison, BMW have just over a 1% market share in N.Z. and Mercedes-benz just on 3%. Even Honda a mainstream Jap brand only have just over 3% but Toyota basically own the market here and have a whopping 20%.

I guess we just soldier on and accept the new reality...
Let's face it, the NZ market is tiny by world standards. Even ours isn't significant. Even if Holden had 100% of the Kiwi market, they would have pulled out. They've made it quite clear the four or five RHD markets world wide just don't make enough money for them.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Many of those brands are sold by multi-franchise dealerships so costs are less.

I'm sure if GM had some business acumen they would be able to make the RHD market profitable but they put it into the "too hard" basket, trashed the Holden brand and now have flushed it down the dunny. They took the easy way out after failing to make reasonable business decisions.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
They've made it quite clear the four or five RHD markets world wide just don't make enough money for them.

But why is this so when so many other brands make it work ?

EDIT: @immortality answered my question in the next post lol.....

I'm sure if GM had some business acumen they would be able to make the RHD market profitable but they put it into the "too hard" basket, trashed the Holden brand and now have flushed it down the dunny. They took the easy way out after failing to make reasonable business decisions.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
But why is this so when so many other brands make it work ?

EDIT: @immortality answered my question in the next post lol.....
Call it greed. GM have shown that they are only interested in the Chinese and North American markets. Neither is as discerning about quality as Europe and perhaps Oz. They can churn out medium quality vehicles in huge numbers for maximum profit. US drivers love trucks which are their volume sellers and trucks don't require the standards of safety or refinement that quality cars do. Chinese buyers possibly are not as discerning either.
Whatever the truth, GM's actions are typical of the worst kind of self-survival and corporate greed that we have seen. Screw them and their pathetic products. They've lost me for good. The next car will be Korean, but it will never wear a GM badge if any description.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ ha; the government took a horse around the back of the barn and shot it dead... on principle... now wants to close the barn door and enquire where the horse is buried o_O typical time waster wankers :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.