Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

evolution theory.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
im sorry but i refuse to believe we crawled out of the ocean, or decended from apes, or grew from a cestpool and we havent grown wings by now. we all look to the skys yet we cannot take flight.

psycho_smurf

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Crewman V6
Given that our sun only has another billion years of usefulness left in it for us, maybe the future humans found a way to send some dna re-coding material back through time, which wiped out the dinosaurs and began our evolutionary process. Thus we come from the future in a awesome paradox. Also,

Aliens.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
I used to believe in lots of things until I saw a UFO traveling 20km/h (approx) 400m away 500m off the ground at 8am.

until you see it you will ignore it.

to get a eerie feeling stare in the mirror and say quietly in your mind this is me and i am here.

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
The conservation of energy law states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred from one form into another...

Therefore something cannot start from nothing. The Big Bang had to start from something, that something had to start from something else. Going by the conservation of momentum law, we would need to trace this back to when there was nothing.. oh wait thats right, there was never a nothing because something cannot start from nothing. Science itself will never be able to explain how the universe came about. We would actually need to trace this back to the infinity of time...

May give people an idea as to the size and age of the universe and for human kind to be the only form of life in it is really making a huge assumption. It would be a HUGE coincidence if we were.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Evolution like others have said ,has been proven .

Actually, you mean evolution has not been disproved. Science doesn't work by proving things, it works by attempting to disprove them. Nothing is ever proven.

I believe in evolution, as the most logical possibility presented with the most data available to support it. I will continue to do so until it is either disproved or another option presents itself which appears more likely.

I will never believe in an omnipotent, all knowing and actively engaging God. God is something invented to explain the unexplainable, we have moved on from that. The bible is consistently the 'proof' offered of the existence of such a deity. It was written over centuries by a large group of authors, and is so full of conflicting statements that if it were a novel, the critics would laugh at it, and as a factual reference book it is a waste of paper.

Yes, I have read a fair portion of the bible. Strangely, I actually find it an interesting read, I don't know why... I guess because its a BIG story if you know what I mean.. truly epic.. all of time, all the universe, the whole creation thing.. and an entire species descended from 2 people, a little incest always adds a little spice ;)

I don't necessarily believe aliens have visited us, I personally think its unlikely. I believe there are explanations for all the mysteries, we just don't understand them yet. I do however believe in aliens. Its just arrogant of us to presume that of all the countless worlds out there, we are the only place where there is any kind of intelligent life... or even any life at all.

I believe evolution has occurred on countless planets in the universe, in all kinds of environments. I just hope I never meet any, I am pretty sure they are not going to be even vaguely humanoid like all the Star Trek species... This is actually part of why I have my doubts about so much of the 'alien visitor' theories.. all depictions of any presumed 'aliens' we have found appear to be humanoid, throughout history, and I don't believe they would be humanoid at all.

I believe in the big bang theory, simply on the basis that it is the most widely accepted explanation in modern science, based on a huge amount of data collected since the day we first looked up and thought... 'what are all those little lights?' The whole big bang theory has had many adjustments since it was first proposed, and even now there is still discussion as to whether the universe is expanding volumetrically or linearly. Its been suggested that its all part of a cycle too, and eventually everything pulls back together and explodes again.. time restarts..

Science has never claimed to prove anything, but once something becomes so investigated and have so much evidence to support the theory that it appears almost impossible to be incorrect, it becomes accepted as fact. Einsteins theory of relativity has been accepted as fact for 107 years, but is now in question with recent discoveries and theories regarding faster than light particles.

I'm just glad to have lived when I have lived. I watched Neil Armstrong take that first step to another world, live on my black and white TV, and I have no doubt that at some time in the future, we will manage to visit another habitable world. I just hope we survive meeting its inhabitants....

I've seen the world go through so many changes, and it's accelerating every day, all because of science. Its an exciting time to be alive.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Is s rock, really a rock? Is the sky, really the sky, how do we know, that's just what we have learnt from ancestors.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Very good point. I know I've looked into this as a catholic. The church has no problem with evolution as long as we are willing to accept man does not come from a lesser being but was in fact created. Nothing wrong with believing that animals evolved.
Also you point about time is very true. From the time of man it is about 10,000 years which i think most people would tend to agree with but beyond that it is impossible to say how old the world is as time as we know it did not exist.

Are you sure of that timeline?

Best estimates recognise the Modern human species being 200,000 years old and the earth 4.5 Billion.

What source has the human species at 10,000 years? I'd like to see a link if you can post it, even wikipedia would do me.

Torborg

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
No arguments here about evolution. But it's still just a theory, and no theory is provable 100%. Saying something is not open for debate is the sort of thinking that #### slaps science in the face. I personally think we are more than evolved goo and I choose to believe that.

Everything is open for debate. That's the beauty of science.
Evolution is both fact and theory. The theory of evolution explains the facts of evolution. You can choose to believe whatever you want, but that doesn't make you right.