Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need more HP for my car ?

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
If you want performance get the v8 want economy get the 6

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Well he did say he wants more HP out of the SV6, not whether I should buy a V8 or V6. Some mods like exhaust, extractors, CAI and tune will give you better economy and abit more power.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Yes you are right he did, but people need to realise there is no point buying an sv6 to make fast. It wont happen

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Dear all,

I need more HP for my car commodores SV6 3.5 model 2007 .. how ?

I've done the tune.

And then what ?

Iam considering a Capa supercharger for mine, it will really increase the torque. Iam thinking around 220-230 rwkw. I remember when my typhoon had this amount of power and its nice for a daily driver. I also changed my diff to a manual SS its 3.45 I think- made a huge difference.
I too could have bought an 8 but I wanted to try something different.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
I would say with the right mods a V6 could be quite fast.

They can be but it costs ALOT more money. An S/C sv6 is still pretty slow over the qtr anyway. Ya just need to make your mind up before you buy as to why you want it

marcdon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Evec 05
this is just another thread where people obviously have no valuable advice to give so instead they just add a smart comment to sound like they superior when really they just have no idea... "want power buy a V8". The OP asked how to get more power out of his SV6. At no point was this "buy a V8 or a V6". If you don't have anything important to add then shut up. (this is not directed at everyone just an open opinion)

To answer the OP. AirHammer makes a great intake for the VEs, that would be a good place to start. Then look at a manifold insulator...MACE sells them on here just jump into their forum. Extractors and an exhaust IMO 2.25" gives a very nice note. If you wana go down the big power increase road then look at charging it.

sheepz

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SV6 manual
have they got a charger out for the ve sv6 yet?