Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cops caring about exhaust loudness?

pimpmyvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s-pac
^ Agreed, if your stupid and run straight through pipes with no mufflers or anything, or have exhausts dumped at the diff or earlier, than you deserve anything you get. One muffler and maybe a resonator, and drive normally, then I don't think the cops care to much, unless you purposely piss them off.

i done that had twin 2.5in dump out the right hand side b4 the rear wheel lol only had the cat... i lasted 3 weeks and clocked up 1300k's

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I am over the loud exhausts, had a twin stainless 2 1/2 on the SS, for 5 years or so, the rear mufffler dumped all its fibreglass filling out, the actual stainless muffler case is perfect, it must have had a mild steel inner perforated tube. It wasn't much louder after the filling came out, but the hum/drone under load got a bit annoying on a trip and we do a regular run to Northern Victoria, so I popped the original factory exhaust back on, best thing I ever did it is a pleasure to travel long distances in, and by the seat of the pants meter doesn't seem any different performance wise. So I am leaving mine the way the good General designed it. Every one to their own tastes though.
I must pop the old stainless steel exhaust in the for sale threads as it is as solid as, just the rear muffler is missing the filling.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
This thread is now about old people regretting getting loud exhausts.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
OLD???? LOL. Well when I go to work some days and the top 100 is on the radio and I hardly recognise any of the songs, than yeah, I feel old. But at 23..........

Edit: I should elaborate on one thing though, I would only want the V6 exhaust quieter, if I had a nice V8, than like hell I'd ever get over that!

Last edited:

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
This thread is now about old people regretting getting loud exhausts.

Yeah so basically everyoen young wants loud, everyone that has had them loud eventually goes quieter.

None of this going to effect me getting the system i have on my car now, put on my V8 when i get onto opens in 2 years HAHA

see what i just typed? wasnt even realted to cops caring about exausts (the main point of the thread lol)

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
I have a twin 3" system on my VT and recently replaced the rear muffler with a much larger one to reduce the annoying bark that it had. ( was 107db at 3000rpm )

Now it sounds so much better, it is alot quieter but also has deeper sound.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
Ive got a 3" on mine... Pretty loud at low revs but whisper quiet when boosting at high revvs. Havent been pulled over since being defected last time...

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride