Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking at buying VF SSV Redline

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
allot of people get hung up on build year = allot of people getting hung up on the build year when you go to sell.

if you get the same in return for your trad-in though it guess its a much of a muchness.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
allot of people get hung up on build year = allot of people getting hung up on the build year when you go to sell.

if you get the same in return for your trad-in though it guess its a much of a muchness.

Cars now 99% sold by MY. It's just illogical to say a car built 1 Jan is worth a lot more than one built 31 Dec.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
$60k trade for the GT, gee whose arm did you break to get that deal? Be it a late '14 or an early '15 it won't matter in a few years, it's a MY15. So many other things factor more heavily into resale like kays, condition, location etc.

falcom

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty much this. It's still a 2015 model with all the changes that come with that, except I can get it now and get more money for my car. Everywhere else I went to was going to offer me $52-55k for my GT, but in this deal I got $60k for it, but only if they get it now. So in essence it's worth AT LEAST $5k to me right now to get the new car ASAP, versus maybe a few hundred bucks when I eventually sell the Redline.

Why would they give you $60k for a car you paid $65k for. (Remember dealer has to pay Stamp Duty when they sell the car so the GT will actually cost them $62,400).This does not make sense to me. I would say they have snagged you on the new car price. What did they charge you for the new car?

Last edited:

graphicgoose

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline
I'm paying retail on the car, at $61k something but they're giving me more for the GT rather than taking money off the Redline. I'm not fussed how they do it, either way it essentially works out to a $5k discount from retail (based on the fact that other dealers were offering me $52-55k for the GT and other dealers telling me they couldn't get close to the deal I ended up taking), so around $56k for an MY15. Sure, I could have gotten a better deal on an MY14 model, but I wanted the black interior, gloss black rear valence, new black rims and paddle shifters for the auto.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Why would they give you $60k for a car you paid $65k for. (Remember dealer has to pay Stamp Duty when they sell the car so the GT will actually cost them $62,400).This does not make sense to me. I would say they have snagged you on the new car price. What did they charge you for the new car?

Why would the dealer pay stamp duty? Dealers don't pay duty on dealer stock.
The buyer will pay stamp duty when they sell the car.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Trade in "value" is irrelevant by itself. All that really matters is how much you have to pull out of your pocket to get into the next car.

graphicgoose

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline
Exactly what VS 5.0 said...and changeover is costing me about $1,900. But once I've sold my coilovers and Rspec rear wheels I'll come out ahead. So I'm pretty happy with that.