Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will ZB be the end of GM in Australia

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Chrysler is not made by FIAT, is just a sub-division or whatever the hell is now. The Charger is a bit outdated and the roots can be traced back when it used to be Chrysler-Daimler. Cannot remember but they used either the E or S class MB suspension. The Chrysler Crossfire was a MB SL with a V6 and a roof. The Crossfire was discontinued, the Charger still around and perhaps not even related its origen. Anyway, their cars are build in Canada, US and Mexico. What we used to call the Dart, was a badge engineered Alpha Romeo.

Honestly, the Charger, by my experience, feels more like the VE/VF, is just not another GM. I say, move on folks, some guys might think like me and jump on the Chrysler bandwagon. Forget Ford, they abandoned their cars for Trucks and Mustang.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Well, I'm stuffed if I can understand why so many dislike the design. To me, the styling looks like a natural progression from the VF, which is just a facelifted 2006 design.

Would there be such outrage if the car was still built here rather than imported? And for those who think the VF should have continued in production, how much longer could they have kept the basic VE structure going before it truly became outdated? For all the changes wrought in the VF, the car was getting old, though it still looked pretty contemporary.

You've nailed it again Calaber , if it were built in Australia , people would be saying " What a wonderful design form the team at GM/H , Holden have come of age , and the guys at Elizabeth should be proud " . It's not that bad looking ,

Last edited:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
and the guys at Port Elizabeth should be proud

Port Elizabeth ????

It's either Port Melbourne or Elizabeth.

Elizabeth has no staff as it's all been decommissioned now and is currently being dismantled by contractors. The employees at Port Melbourne (Salmon Street) or better still "the last of the many" are packing their gear and moving to a much smaller premises around the corner in Turner Street.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
The many "flavors" of the same thing. What about these guys?

Chevy, Buick and Opel. For the Vauxhal, take the Opel and place it in front of a mirror.

280px-2017_Chevrolet_Malibu_%28E2XX%29_front_3.25.18.jpg

280px-Buick_Regal_2018_%28cropped%29.jpg

280px-Opel_Insignia_Grand_Sport_1.6_Diesel_Business_Innovation_%28B%29_–_Frontansicht%2C_5._Mai_2017%2C_Düsseldorf.jpg

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Chrysler is not made by FIAT, is just a sub-division or whatever the hell is now.

No Jeeps are now Fiat. Might be made in the same factory as before but some of the styling is reflected in the lower model Cherokees.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I went to see some Jeeps, getting my 12 Yr old daughter warmed up to sales blokes. She founded exhuasting, I wonder why?

They have a retro look that people want. Time will tell if they are up to the task. I had Chryslers before, one it was a 96 Sebring JXI. Came with a V6 Mitsubishi engine. Was returned as a lemon, go figure, I had it for a long time without a single issue.

As said it before and again, is about how you take care of the ride. My VE/G8 it buggered the AC Compressor after 130,000 miles, the center driveshaft bearing rubber broke. That are the only 2 major issues, other than that, plain and simple maintenance. The only trully Piece of Shite I ever owned was a Honda, my sister Toyota was a crap box, talk about an oil burner with 1 year of use.

Granted, I am picky with my cars. I hear a noise and I am on the hunt for it, never rest until is fixed.

The ZB for what I see is not a bad car, is not the same driving characteristics (in my opinion) as the VE/VF. What I found close to it and sure placed a huge grin on my face was the Charger.

I am a car guy (fück trucks) with a heavy foot, the Buick Regal/Chevy Malibu does not cut it for my taste and I had plenty dealings with GM's FWDs.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I went to see some Jeeps, getting my 12 Yr old daughter warmed up to sales blokes. She founded exhuasting, I wonder why?

They have a retro look that people want. Time will tell if they are up to the task. I had Chryslers before, one it was a 96 Sebring JXI. Came with a V6 Mitsubishi engine. Was returned as a lemon, go figure, I had it for a long time without a single issue.

As said it before and again, is about how you take care of the ride. My VE/G8 it buggered the AC Compressor after 130,000 miles, the center driveshaft bearing rubber broke. That are the only 2 major issues, other than that, plain and simple maintenance. The only trully Piece of Shite I ever owned was a Honda, my sister Toyota was a crap box, talk about an oil burner with 1 year of use.

Granted, I am picky with my cars. I hear a noise and I am on the hunt for it, never rest until is fixed.

The ZB for what I see is not a bad car, is not the same driving characteristics (in my opinion) as the VE/VF. What I found close to it and sure placed a huge grin on my face was the Charger.

I am a car guy (fück trucks) with a heavy foot, the Buick Regal/Chevy Malibu does not cut it for my taste and I had plenty dealings with GM's FWDs.

my nephew has a Jeep Cherokee , with the 4.0 HO engine , he absolutely loves it , my brother has had two Grand Cherokee V8's which he thought were good vehicles too , he now drives a Audi S6 , I think I'll be looking at a Nissan Fuga 350 or 450, or heaven forbid , join the Freemason's and buy a Lexus or BMW , ag no , if I joined the Freemasons , my father would come back and haunt me .

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Hahahaha... I know them, very interesting group they are :D

I wonder where the Japs get their names, Fuga in Castellano means Escape, like escaping from jail. That car in the US, I think is an Altima or Maxima, they look to damn close for me to tell.