Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To swap or not to swap....

P

Pauldw500

if alternator is good now and battery is average it will charge at the 15v for longer to compensate
I didn't get a chance to get the battery checked but it *seems* fine. I'm getting a constant reading of 14v now once running.. I checked with meter across battery and pretty much what my gauge shows.

Now for the latest and greatest... :rolleyes::D

Got this twice in prob 2 hrs worth of driving. Once when I pulled away from lights, a little lively... and 2nd on way home on an off ramp, a little lively. Car goes into low power mode or whatever it's called, but stays there till the second the code is cleared...

Not sure if I've seen this one before...

Screenshot_20220324-190924_Gallery.jpg

Fact it talks about voltage is a worry...

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the charging system will also learn to the battery so it may have needed charging for a bit then has come good, that is a difference between the checked position of the TB/Pedal so its seeing that at some point its not doing what its commanded to, may just need the idle relearn or something may go over some driving time as it learns maby from having the battery disconnected when alternator was done

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If that battery is still ok it will need a full charge with a battery charger that works on calcium batteries. Once discharged like yours has, a calcium battery can take 24hrs on calcium mode on a charger to get it restored, longer if the charger goes into recondition mode in the process.

P

Pauldw500

The battery that's in the car now had a full charge till, well till it said full on the charger. The other battery I think has seen better days.. Will still get this battery checked tomorrow but getting there I reckon...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Imoengnr do you have a pic of said bung and or know what it's called? I wonder if it's better with a bung?
Sorry, dont have a pic, but its just a rubber stopper thats a tight fit on the rocker cover outlet.
Your current solution is probably better than stock.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sorry, dont have a pic, but its just a rubber stopper thats a tight fit on the rocker cover outlet.
Your current solution is probably better than stock.
Begs the question why they are not both plumbed from factory? If it requires a stopper, why have a barbed tube in the left cover.....? GM, cost saving...after the fact?

P

Pauldw500

Any pointers on my lights guys? I honestly have no idea what this guy did with the lights but I had low and high beam and fog lights off the pull switch. Now when the original problem happened on the highway, it blew what I thought was both low bulbs and the sportties. Oh I also have one blue and one green side light lol but I have the remote, it just needs a battery I'm told (rooted prob) but for another day. So just left a friend's and forgot about my lack of lights so was forced to use high beam as that's better than nothing right, but altho they were a little high I wasn't blinding anyone on45ks on the highway. Got home and the spotties ain't blown but was on with high beam. Low beam and button out still does nothing. I pulled the 2 10amp fuses earlier and both OK... Damn....

P

Pauldw500

Relay?
Possible earth?
I dunno I'll have a proper look at it all tomorrow, see if there's voltage at the plug end for my main/low beam lights as kinda need them lol. I can sort out the disco lights later...

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the ve hsv has the main beam, then button pulled out is main beam and fog lights, then when high beam is on the button pulled out is the extended high beam lights on as well