Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What would it take to get higher speed limits in Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justcommodores1

Reaction score
Members Ride
No, trying the prevention is better than the cure approach with people just walking out on the road without looking, including kids
yes, but the approach in australia is that since pedestrians can be stupid, they lower the speed limit
why not educate pedestrians to look both ways before crossing the road?
it's not rocket science ffs

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i blame the lowering of speeds on the invention of the mobile phone, people need to look up when crossing the street so u dont get hit not just slow the cars down so when they do hit u u dont get hurt, when i was a kid u got taught to look right/left not down at your phone and expect cars to stop for u

justcommodores1

Reaction score
Members Ride
The mobile cameras are almost never on the side the majority of the traffic flow is on (inbound in the mornings and outbound in the evenings). They can’t get a high enough strike rate when it’s a toss of the coin if the traffic will be flowing at speed or backed up.

I travel with the majority of the traffic (inbound in the morning and outbound in the evening) and the right two lanes are regularly doing 105-110kph on days when the traffic is flowing properly and I see cameras on the other side of the road regularly.

I assume the other side probably always flows at 100kph so they don’t get pinged but I can’t verify that as I don’t travel in that direction.
"I travel with the majority of the traffic (inbound in the morning and outbound in the evening) and the right two lanes are regularly doing 105-110kph on days when the traffic is flowing properly and I see cameras on the other side of the road regularly."

wait so if people are doing 105-110 and you see cameras on the other side of the road, how do the avoid getting caught?
can't the mobile speed cameras get both sides of the road?

justcommodores1

Reaction score
Members Ride
i blame the lowering of speeds on the invention of the mobile phone, people need to look up when crossing the street so u dont get hit not just slow the cars down so when they do hit u u dont get hurt, when i was a kid u got taught to look right/left not down at your phone and expect cars to stop for u
still doesn't justify lowering of speeds on freeways where there's no pedestrians

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
"I travel with the majority of the traffic (inbound in the morning and outbound in the evening) and the right two lanes are regularly doing 105-110kph on days when the traffic is flowing properly and I see cameras on the other side of the road regularly."

wait so if people are doing 105-110 and you see cameras on the other side of the road, how do the avoid getting caught?
can't the mobile speed cameras get both sides of the road?
Not on a separated motorway they can’t. The concrete barriers in the middle make it a bit difficult for them to get a happy snap of your number plate!

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

I agree....Personally it doesn't bother me if I hit a pedestrian on a mobile....I feel sorry for the medical staff having to patch these twits up as a result of their actions....

And kids...2 sides there....Yes should be taught but you also have the stupid part where parents don't close a gate and they walk out on the road because they're too young to have the road sense..

Here's an example that happened in Adelaide during the week on a busy main road sign posted at 60...More an adults fault than kids fault

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/adelaide-...cwJ7CibhM6LsdiKqM_KQxmweeYpq2-Hh2-NIjtP7AqT-E

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
yes, but the approach in australia is that since pedestrians can be stupid, they lower the speed limit
why not educate pedestrians to look both ways before crossing the road?
it's not rocket science ffs

Wait until you have some more life experience and then you'll understand that govco legislates for the lowest common denominator, aka the fuckwits.

justcommodores1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not on a separated motorway they can’t. The concrete barriers in the middle make it a bit difficult for them to get a happy snap of your number plate!
ohh lucky! haha
but how do people know the mobile cameras are there on a freeway anyway? aren't they hidden?
or do apps like waze point out all the speed cams (both fixed and mobile)?

Status
Not open for further replies.